𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

˖

"It will take time to heal. But for now, you will not be able to play basketball" the Dr tells Ao'nung.

"What? For how long? I have a tournament in three weeks!" Ao'nung shouts.

"I'm sorry, but as my patient, I must be honest with you. Brutally honest. It will take you months, for your leg to heal. I'm sorry" His Dr then excuses himself, seeing Neteyam waiting outside.

"I'm sorry, Nung" Aneysa looks at with a bitter smile.

"W-what am I meant to do now? Basketball was my life. I-how? I mean, what the hell!" Ao'nung shouts in disappointment.

"Nung" Love cups onto his cheek to calm him. Surprisingly, it does. However, he was still visibly upset.

"Nung, don't be disheartened" Aneysa tries her best to console him.

"You don't understand. This was going to be one of our biggest games. My team needs me" Ao'nung replies.

Aneysa looks back at Neteyam, "is there not anything you can do? At all?"

"I'm sorry.. nothing can be done other than to let it heal" Neteyam looks from Aneysa to Ao'nung, "you must rest as much as you can Ao'nung. Hopefully, it will be the only game you miss, if you listen to the advice and stay rested. The more you move, the worse you'll get."

Love nods, "well I'll make sure that he stays rested."

"I can't. You know I can't" Ao'nung replies.

"Ao'nung you must listen. It is the only way for you to get better. Ronal will say the same thing" Aneysa says to her.

"What? How does she know? Does my father know?" Ao'nung asks.

"One of your maids, she-"

"Fuck sake" Ao'nung mutters, causing Aneysa to become quiet, looking at Ao'nung with nothing but sorry eyes.

-

Aneysa and Neteyam had both arrived home. Without speaking to one another.

Well, Neteyam tried. But Aneysa had no energy to speak, when it had been a long and tiring day, with a lot that had happened.

She sits in their bedroom, after she had showered and dressed.

Neteyam walks in, a smile appearing on his face when he sees her wearing his tshirt.

He sits down on the edge of their bed, facing Aneysa who was combing her hair with a hair brush.

She turns her head to look at him, before he gives her a soft smile.

She loved him. Very much. And hated being mad at him.

But his words hurt her. She knew it, he knew it.

Her mother probably knew it, and she was barely alive to see it.

The tension had become quite visible.

But Aneysa knew her husband well enough, to know that he would let her sleep without them sorting out their disagreement.