𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

˖

The kitchen was quiet, as Evan sat down, practically curled up into a ball, in one corner, as they both sat at the dining table.

"So.." Orla speaks.

"You look pretty" Evan whispers.

Orla kisses her teeth, as she looks at him with her brows furrowed, "Evan. You can't just ignore me and then tell me I look pretty."

"Well what else could I say? There was an awkward silence" Evan responds.

Orla sighs as she hits her head with the palm of her hand.

"I'm sorry" Evan then spoke up.

Orla jolted her head to look up at him, after hearing his apology.

"I'm sorry that I kept you worried, during our suspension" Evan continues.

"I don't want a sorry. I want to know what happened" Orla responds.

"I have a fucked up family Orla. Stuff like this, I don't want to speak about it. It's not worth listening to" Evan replies.

"My parent split up when I was a child. I was bought here after my drug addict mother some how managed to get full custody of me, only to then drop me at Aneysa's door a couple of months after. She used all my money on drugs. She put her boyfriend before me. My father doesn't even live here, but he's across the world, in a completely different place, in a small town, all by himself with no family" Orla lists out her problems.

Evan mouth becomes agape, trying to look for words to be spoken, yet she had him gagged by what she had just told him.

"My point is, I come from a fucked up family too. People who come from fucked up families stick together and share their problems with one another. If we don't have each other, who else would we be able to talk to, knowing that the person you're talking to won't understand. That they'll just.. judge."

She looks at him with a much softer look, as the tensity in her body wears down.

Evan sighs, looking down before he looks back up again.

"I live with three older brothers. All of them, being my father's golden children. They spent most their time with my father growing up, whilst I spent my time with my mother..." Evan pauses for a moment, figuring out the words he needed to put in.

Orla places her hand above his, causing him to look up.

"It's okay. Take your time" Orla responds.

He nods, taking a deep breath, before he continues, "my mother ran away, because my father is an abuser. He's also an alcoholic. The abuse was only when he was drunk but, overtime, it became a habit. Even without being drunk, he'd be upset or angry over the littlest things, taking it out on either my mother or me."

"I'm so sorry" Orla spoke softly, as she looked at him with sorry eyes.

"My mother escaped and she ran away. Yet, she didn't take me. I grew up believing it was my fault. I still do" Evan let out a shaky chuckle, as he looked away for a moment.