𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅

˖

"Efe! Where is he?" Cora, his foster mother calls out as she makes her way in.

Herself looking distressed and slightly worried.

Neteyam sees her running towards him, before he silently points his hand out to Efe's room, his eyes wandering around to look for Aneysa.

But she was nowhere to be seen.

"Efe!" Cora shouts, startling the child from his daydream, as he looks towards Cora.

"How did you end up here? Like this?" Cora tries to hold onto him, but Efe flinches away.

"Please" Neteyam calls out, making Cora look at him, "do not touch him. You are causing him more pain."

"But.. I mean.. how?" Cora asks.

"I don't know. He is a child, who was meant to be under your care. You should know" Neteyam says to her.

"I have been working. He was being looked after by our nanny. How he ended up here, like this? I have no idea" Cora says.

Neteyam squinted his eyes at her and looked confused, wondering how someone could be worried but have no idea, at the same time. It made no sense.

He turns his head to see his mother walking in, towards him.

"Mom?" He looks at her confused, walking towards her.

"Aneysa told me about the little boy. Where is he?" Neytiri asks.

"Mom.."

"Are you going to let me do my job?" Neytiri asks him.

"Yes but, his problem is physical. Not psychological" Neteyam says.

"Yes but if there's someone who can help him to communicate, that would be me. Now move" Neytiri walks past her son and makes her way inside.

Her self becoming soft, when she sees a small boy. His blonde hair, messy. His big brown eyes, not glowing like they should be, but instead, hurt.

She could clearly see the child in distress.

She clears her throat, and then looks to Cora, "hi. I'm Dr.Sully. A therapist."

"But I thought-?" Cora points to Neteyam.

"That is my son, Neteyam Sully. I'm his mother" Neytiri clears the confusion.

Cora nods.

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave" Neytiri says to her, as calmly as she could.

"What? No! That is my child, I can't just leave!" Cora shouts.

Putting Efe into more distress.

"I'm going to ask that you keep your voice down. You're putting my patient in distress" Neytiri replies, "as a mother, I'd advise you to listen. And to leave."

"He is not your patient" Cora looks down at Neytiri's name tag, "you are a shrink. My son is not suffering psychologically."

"Your son is at no age to tell you if he is suffering psychologically or not. Please, step out the way and let me do my job, unless you wish to be forcefully escorted out" Neytiri replies.