𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

˖

Neteyam got himself up in the morning, around six am. Finding himself almost laying down, with Aneysa in the same position, curled up next to him.

He helps her lay down, getting her comfortable and tucking her in, as he got out of bed. Wanting to have a good start to the morning.

Neteyam washed up and made his way downstairs.

-

Two hours had gone by, and it was now eight am. He hears footsteps to the bathroom, slightly panicking him because he was not done with the breakfast he planned on making for everyone this morning.

It had been a while, since Aneysa had something sweet. And right now, Neteyam was struggling on finding the right pan.

"No it's not this one" he says to himself, letting out a little grunt as he's going through the pans and dishes.

And he hears the kitchen door open, causing him to peak his head up, his eyes catching Orla walking in, looking puzzled.

"Oh Orla. Good morning" Neteyam stood up.

Orla looked at him startled, seeing the state that he was in.

Flour, smeared across different places of his face. Chocolate sauce all over his apron.

Himself a mess.

"Um.. good morning" Orla replied back awkwardly.

"Sorry, I know. I don't look presentable right now" Neteyam apologises, "but anything to make my wife happy."

He goes back to looking for his pan.

"You're making breakfast for Aneysa?" Orla asks.

"Yep.. it's because- aha found it!" He cuts himself off mid sentence, celebrating the fact that he found the pan.

He shoves everything he took out back in, hoping to give it a clean later before getting back up, holding the pan in his hand, "as I was saying, it is because she deserves to have a good breakfast today. She deserves it every day but she never lets me make her breakfast anymore."

Orla nods, "I see. So pancakes, I'm guessing?" Orla asks, pointing at his apron.

He looks down at the stain and chuckles, "oh yet, that was just when I was checkin the temperature. I'm not a man who uses Nutella, I make my chocolate sauce differently."

Orla chuckles, "your dedication is what every woman needs."

Neteyam smiles, "so, why are you up so early? It's the weekend, do you not want to sleep in?"

"I can't even if I try. I'm in the routine of waking up and sleeping early" Orla replies.

Neteyam nods, before he goes back to doing what he needs to do.

"I don't want to intrude. But.. is Aneysa okay? Last night she seemed a little upset?" Orla asks.

Neteyam gives a soft smile, his eyes kept on the batter he was pouring into the pan, trying to get the best circle shape.