𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

˖

Twenty Four hours before the big day.

As the first rays of dawn gently kissed her face, she stirred in her cozy cocoon of blankets, slowly rousing from the embrace of sleep.

Orla's eyelids fluttered open, revealing the soft, dreamy gaze of someone who had just returned from the realms of dreams.

With a languid stretch, she extended her arms above her head, reveling in the sensation of her muscles awakening from their slumber.

Her feet, nestled in the warmth of her soft, worn-in slippers, cautiously met the cool touch of the hardwood floor as she swung her legs over the edge of the bed.

She turned her head, reaching for her phone, to check on the time.

When she realised she slightly overslept than usual, she jolted herself up.

She wandered why she had slept this long, until she remembered that she had been up all night, trying to get a hold of Evan.

And yet, there was no answer from him.

With a sigh, she left her phone to the side, as she got herself out of bed.

After freshening up, making her way out of the bathroom, she stepped onto the polished landing of the staircase, greeted by the soft caress of morning light seeping through lace curtains.

The murmurs being heard, had her slightly curious, as she wandered who would be here when it was only 10:00am.

She slowly took a couple of steps down, until she reached the bottom, curiously tilting her head as she continued to walk, trying to figure out what was being said.

But the murmurs were so hushed, that she could barely manage to figure out a single word being said.

Orla rested her ear against the kitchen door, until she finally heard a clear voice.

"What kind of mother throws their child away for a man and some drugs? As hard as your life may be, you have no right to put Orla through that. You threw her here and left, like she meant nothing to you" she hears Aneysa's voice.

She took a step back, realising who was behind that door.

"I am not here to judge you. I have no right to, but Orla is a child. She didn't ask for this. If you knew, that it would come to this, you should have let her father have full custody of her, until you got yourself better."

Aneysa's voice was heard again.

Orla took another step back, her eyes laid to the ground as she looked from side to side.

She felt herself breathe quite heavily.

The door creaked opened, causing Orla to look back up, her face now met with Aneysa's.

"Orla?" Aneysa calls out, "H-how long have you been here?"

Neteyam looks towards the door, after hearing her name being called out, the worry of her knowing her mother was here, now increasing rapidly.