𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅

˖

"I'm screwed" Aneysa sighs.

"That's ironic" Ao'nung laughs, before looking at Aneysa, who looks back at him blankly.

"You know.. because he screwed you, that how you got pregnant..?" Ao'nung responds, gaining a hit with a pillow in his face.

"Ao'nung, I'm serious" Aneysa responds.

"Why are you upset Aneysa? This is great news? You've got that one percent chance of having your own child. I don't understand?" Ao'nung asks.

"Neteyam won't want it" Aneysa responds.

"Did he say that?" Ao'nung asks.

"...I haven't told him" Aneysa confesses.

"I'm the first to know!" Ao'nung squeals in excitement, before realising it was the wrong momen to do so.

He sighs, kneeling down in front of her, as she wiped her tears and tried to look away, "I know, that you are scared. But you have to speak to him. You can't just assume, based on something his ex girlfriend said."

"But he confirmed it" Aneysa let out a sniffle, wiping her nose, "he said that keeping Efe and Orla wasn't his decision. I- this is all my fault. I've ruined our marriage."

"Stop" Ao'nung gave her a stern look, "your marriage is not ruined. He loves you, with his whole heart and you love him just as much. Okay, maybe it wasn't his choice to become a parent to both, Efe and Orla, but now that he has, he cares about them a lot. He will do the most for them. The same way he does for you. You have to talk about it with him."

She nods, "but I can't now. He's angry at me. He probably doesn't even want to look at me. I was so horrible to him.. I don't even know why."

"How about you stay here for the night hm? You can borrow something of Love's to sleep in, then tomorrow you can both talk tomorrow with fresh heads, hm?" Ao'nung offers to her.

"It won't be a hassle?" Aneysa asks.

"Not at all. Momma bear needs some rest" Ao'nung chuckles, causing Aneysa to hit him lightly on the arms.

"Come on, I'll set up the guest bed" Ao'nung helps her up, the two of them making their way up.

-

Neteyam sat on the edge of his and Aneysa's bed, rocking back and fourth.

Their argument replaying in his head over and over again.

"Fuck.." he mutters under his breath in disappointment, as he slowly drops his head into the palm of his hands, his elbows digging into his thighs.

Confused on whether to call for her and ask her to come back, or to give her space.

He needed to know she was okay, at least. Not wandering the streets.

But he didn't want to cause any trouble. He wanted her to have the space she needed.

It was no doubt they'd hit a bump like this soon, just like every couple has. Their marriage had been a smooth sail, so Neteyam expected much like this.