𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

˖

Aneysa and Orla walk through the door, Neteyam being the last person to walk in.

Orla could sense that something was wrong, due to the quiet car ride on the way home, causing her not to speak.

She didn't wish to makes matters.

Instead, she turned to give Aneysa and Neteyam a smile.

"I will be off to bed. Goodnight" Orla says politely.

"Goodnight Orla" Aneysa gives her a soft smile.

Neteyam gives her a smile, "goodnight."

Orla then turns around, making her way up the steps.

"Hey" Neteyam calls Aneysa out from behind.

She turns to look at him, and gives him a smile, with her lazy eyes.

"I'm okay, Neteyam. Really" Aneysa says to him.

"I'm your husband Aneysa. You can't hide how you feel from me" Neteyam replies, "why are you stopping yourself from telling me?"

"Because there's nothing to tell" Aneysa replies calmly, "I told you. I'm fine."

"But you're not" Neteyam had become slightly concerned by the way she looked and acted recently.

"Teyam" she holds onto his hands, "I'm fine. I'm not mad at what Tsireya had told me. I understand her. She's my friend, there's nothing more to say. Everything is fine."

She takes off her shoes, making her way upstairs.

Neteyam sighs as he watches her walk upstairs, before thinking of the idea to make her a hot chocolate, to keep her comfortable before bed.

-

Neteyam made his way to their bedroom, seeing that Aneysa was not there.

He looked puzzled for a moment, until he realised that she had gone to the bathroom, as she usually does before she gets into bed.

Neteyam walks towards the bathroom door, hearing a quiet sob, that escaped her mouth.

He turned the door knob, and walked in, finding Aneysa sat on the floor, her head leaned against the bathtub, and herself curled up.

She was sat down, sobbing in her own arms.

Neteyam kneeled down next to her, pulling her towards him, and holds onto her, resting her head on his shoulder.

He didn't have to say nothing. He didn't have to speak.

All he wanted to do was hold her, until she felt better.

Knowing that these emotions had been pent up, since Mr.Jones' had passed. And now he wished for nothing, but to let her grieve.

"Why does this always happen to me?" Aneysa cries out to him, "why do I keep losing the people I love?"

He felt helpless, because he himself, didn't know why it was like this.