𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼

˖

As her consciousness slowly rekindled, she felt the weight of darkness lifting, giving way to a soft, hazy glow. Blinking a few times, her vision sharpened, revealing a familiar body sat beside her.

"Wakey Wakey, little sis" Kavin chuckles, as he's steering the wheel to his car, Aneysa sat in the passenger seat with her hands tied together.

A glimpse of light coming through, from the moon that shone upon them, in the night sky.

"Why are you doing this to me Kavin?" Aneysa asks him, "what have I ever done to you?"

"You existed" Kavin shrugged, "god, it would have been better if you just died the first time you overdosed. My life would be much more easier."

Aneysa zones out his words, trying her best to get her hands out the grip of he ropes before she hears him cock his gun, feeling it placed on the side of her head.

"Go on. Try and escape, see what happens" Kavin responds, keeping the gun to her head, without looking at her.

"O-okay" she stuttered, sitting back slowly as she let out a gulp.

A shiver of realization coursed through her as the pieces of her surroundings fell into a disconcerting puzzle.

Panic fluttered in her chest like a caged bird, its wings beating against the bars of her understanding.

Her breath quickened, each inhale drawing in the stifling atmosphere of captivity, while her eyes darted around, searching for an escape that seemed to elude her.

-

Jamie sat down beside Orla, the first aid kit beside him as he's helping her get bandaged up.

"She said Kavin took him" Neteyam says to his father, "how am I meant to know where he'll take her or what he's going to do. I can't trust him."

"I understand but he's her brother. I doubt he'd kill her" Jake responds, trying to find away to make Neteyam worry less, so that he does not act rationally.

"Whether he will or not, she's alone out there!" Neteyam's voice strained in panic, "I have to go and find her. I need you both to stay here and look after Orla. And Efe."

"We can do that" Neytiri walks forward, Efe in her arms fast asleep as his head was rested on her shoulder, "we will take care of them. But please, don't go on your own."

"Are you not going to inform the authorities?" Jamie asks, as he turns to look at Neteyam.

He shook his head no, "there's a time limit that they have before I can report a missing person. I can't wait that long."

"I'll come with you" Jake tells him.

"No need. I already have someone I'm taking with me" Neteyam responds.

"Who?" Jake asks.

-

"You can't be fucking serious" Ao'nung lets Neteyam into his house.

"Aneysa has told me you have a way of finding information of people. I need your help. Please" Neteyam looks at him pleadingly, trying his best not to break down in front of him.