𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

˖

Tuk was walking through the hallways of school, with just one lesson left to go. Her a Tiana walking alongside each other.

"We've got biology" Tiana says, in a singing voice.

"Why are you so excited about that?" Tuk asks.

"Because I get to watch you and Ethan be close to one another" Tiana chuckles.

"T. Let's be real, me and Ethan? Come on" Tuk sighed.

"What? Why not? He did ask for your number after all" Tiana pointed out.

"Yeah, thanks a lot for that by the way" Tuk responded sarcastically, "but anyways, it's because he needed my help, that he asked for my number. Me and Ethan, it's never happening."

"But I think you guys are quite cute together" Tiana replies, "plus, the way he looks at you when you're explaining things to him."

"What does he look like?" Tuk asks.

"He just.. he admires you! You can see it in his eyes, and I'm never wrong when it comes to reading people" Tiana says.

"Ethan plays hockey, and has no academic strength in his bone. I hate hockey, and I can't stand someone who asks the most basic questions. How does he not know what a red blood cell is? We learnt that years ago!" Tuk let out a frustrated sigh.

"Don't be harsh on him, Tuk. He was homeschooled, after all. He probably didn't learn as much as we did. You just have to be patient" Tiana says, "he's a nice guy."

"Really? And since when did you have a proper conversation with him?" Tuk asks.

"This morning. He was looking for you, actually" Tiana let her know.

"Tuk! Tiana!" They hear Ethan calling ahead, as he was stood outside their biology class door.

Tuk sighs, "oh for heavens sake."

"Give him a chance Tuk. At least he's trying to get better, academically" Tiana says back, "look how happy he is to see you."

His smile was wide, as he stood and waited for the two girls to make their way towards him.

Ethan was nervous, when he looked at Tuk, not being able to form as many sentences as he wished to.

"Hey.. Ethan" Tuk says.

"Let's go in" Ethan turns around and walks in, before scrunching his nose in annoyance, feeling stupid.

Tuk and Tiana walk inside.

"So, um Tuk. Do you still want to help me study? After school?" Ethan asks, his eyes wandering around.

"Yes" she put on a smile, making her way to her seat.

"You guys are studying together. Ooh, let me join!" Tiana claps, "I love going over to Tuk's house to study."

"We're going to my brothers house instead, today. Neteyam's" Tuk tells Tiana.