𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆

˖

A week later.

"How are you both doing today?" The nurse walks in, closing the door behind her, as Tsireya is laid down, alongside Lo'ak, who was sat next to her, holding onto her hand lightly.

"We're good. Happy. Healthy. Everything is good" Tsireya smiles at her.

Lo'ak gives an unconvincing nod, his dark circles under his eyes giving away just how tired he has been.

"Well, I must warn you, being a mother can be hard. You will experience many different emotions. Baby blues, for example" the nurse tells her as she's getting on her gloves.

"Baby blues?" Lo'ak asks.

"It mostly occurs after pregnancy, once you give birth. You will go through a time period where you'll feel upset. Perhaps you cry a lot. But, this can also occur, pre giving birth. During this time, it is important to remind yourself that you are doing a good job in taking care of your child, whilst carrying it" The nurse gives her a smile as she takes a seat beside her.

"I make sure she stays rested quite a lot" Lo'ak smiles, as he holds onto Tsireya's hand gently.

"That's good. But you should get some rest yourself" The nurse tells him, "it's good to keep both your health in check."

Tsireya lays back as she feels the cold gel touch her stomach.

It wasn't the first time she had been through this, so it was nothing surprising to her.

However, she felt the excitement build up inside her.

"You are only seven weeks right now, so the most we will be able to see some part of the fetus. Possibly, we will be able to feel and hear a heartbeat" the nurse informs her.

Tsireya nods, looking towards Lo'ak.

Lo'ak smiles at her, resting the palm of his hand on top of her head as he strokes it gently.

The two of them excited for what is to now come.

-

"He is your son?" The lady at the reception spoke to Aneysa.

"Yes" Aneysa responded, unsure of what was so hard to understand.

"Efe Erdoğan? A blonde, white boy? Is your son?" She asks again.

"He's Turkish. And yes, he is my son. Have you not heard of something that is referred to as adoption?" Aneysa asks, "your ignorance is disgusting."

"It is just a safety protocol-"

"I understand but let's be realistic, if i was to kidnap a child, would I really bring him to a school? He had been registered through the paper work, all the information has been given. What more do you want from me?" Aneysa felt slightly agitated but kept her cool when she had Efe holding onto her pinky finger.

"Hey, I got your text" Neteyam walks in, "what's going on?"

"She doesn't believe I'm Efe's mother and now, she's not letting him in without proof" Aneysa shrugs and looks at Neteyam, before whispering to him, "this is fucking ridiculous."