𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

˖

Neteyam had helped Aneysa up to their room, after they had returned home.

"I want to take a nap" Aneysa told him.

"That's fine" Neteyam responded softly with a smile, "you should get some rest. In the meantime, I'll go out and get something to buy, to make dinner. I haven't topped up on groceries."

She smiles at him, "thank you."

"What for?" Neteyam asks.

"Just for being by my side" Aneysa responded.

Neteyam smiles at her, before moving in, letting his lips press gently onto her head.

Their eyes locked with a depth of emotion that words could never capture.

With a mix of anticipation and vulnerability, their lips drew closer, the world around them fading into insignificance.

As their mouths met, it was as if the universe held its breath, their emotions colliding in a dance of tenderness and passion.

The touch of their lips was gentle yet fervent, a reflection of the complex feelings that had brought them to this moment.

-

"Where are we going?" Orla asks, as she's sat in Neteyam's car.

"We are going for ice creams. Me and you need a talk" Neteyam responds.

"About?" Orla asks.

"I haven't seen you in weeks Orla" Neteyam sighs, "do you really not want to hang out?"

"No.. i don't mean it like that" Orla changed her tone of voice, Neteyam then noticing that she felt guilty for what she said, "I just thought, you'd lecture me. After today."

"Of course not" Neteyam shrugs, "you did what you had to do to make sure no one disrespects your friend. I'm proud of you, for standing up to them."

"So you're not mad?" Orla asks.

Neteyam shook his head, "I'm mad at the fact that you got hurt, when you have only just gotten better. But I'm not mad at you."

"Is.. Aneysa mad at me?" Orla asks.

"Aneysa would never be mad at you for something like this" Neteyam responds, "in fact, she had a go at the principal for punishing you and not the other kids."

"She did? I thought she was mad.." Orla responds.

"Why would you think that?" Neteyam asks.

"She was just really quiet, when she saw me. And when we got into the car. I thought that's why she didn't come along with us now" Orla replies.

"Orla" Neteyam sighs, "Aneysa is going through a hard time. And when people go through a hard time, they tend to act differently to how they really are. She is hurting, and the most we can do is just support her. Be there for her, you know?"

"I understand" Orla nods back, "it's just upsetting to see her like this. Does it upset you?"

"Of course" Neteyam had come to a stop light, before turning his head to the side to look at Orla, "it upsets me that I can't get her to smile as much as she used to. But that is what happens, when someone goes through something as horrible as this. It takes time to heal."