𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅

˖

3 days before the big day.

"So, what is the plan?" Neteyam asks.

"There is no plan!" Rotxo replied, in an agitated tone.

"You want to propose to my sister and you have no plan?" Lo'ak asks, "..why are we here then?"

"Because I need your help to make this plan" Rotxo responds, "I need to make this special."

"Have you at least bought her a ring?" Neteyam asks.

Rotxo looks at the boys silently.

"I felt bad that I was the only one that hasn't proposed. But you haven't even bought a ring?" Ao'nung laughs, "makes me feel slightly better about myself."

"It's just.. I don't know her ring size" Rotxo responds, "what if I bought it and it was too tight or too loose. It needs to fit perfectly."

"Well, the girls are out today. Maybe we can ask one of the others to help" Ao'nung suggests.

"Oh, I could text Tsireya" Lo'ak offers.

"No!" Rotxo and Ao'nung both shout at the same time.

Lo'ak jumps up after being startled, slightly confused, "what?"

"It's just, we know her too well" Ao'nung responds.

"When she gets excited she can't help but burst everything out and we simply can not let this happen" Rotxo adds on.

"Who are you texting?" Ao'nung looks at Neteyam.

"My wife" Neteyam looks up, "am I not allowed to text her?"

"Not if you're telling her how much of a mess this is" Rotxo tells him.

"Now why would I do that?" Neteyam chuckles.

-

Aneysa looks at her phone and smiles, before placing it back into her bag.

"Hey guys, why don't we check out that shop over there" Aneysa then points to a jewellery store, across the mall.

"What for?" Tsireya asks.

"It's brand new. I wanted to buy Orla a nice gift, let's check it out" Aneysa responds.

The girls agree, beginning to walk.

Kiri holds onto Aneysa's arm, not wanting to leave her behind when she knew she was still adjusting with the crutches.

"I might want to buy something new. All my jewellery I've had for so many years, it feels like" Kiri chuckles.

"You had a ring once, didn't you? It had a carving of a shape that looked like a leaf?" Aneysa asks.

"Yeah, I lost that" Kiri sighs.

"Well, I've seen the store online. They have many nice rings I think you'd like. Let's get your size and I can buy you one" Aneysa offers.