Lee Taemin: Kkoongie

The smiles on both of your faces grew as soon as kkongie came running through the house to see that the two, or three, of you were home. After days of being cared for by Taemin's parents, she couldn't wait to have you both back and gather your attention again.

"Did you miss us?" Taemin grinned, kneeling down to tickle his knuckles against the side of her face, giving you the space that you needed to walk in with the baby carrier in hand.

You sat down on the sofa once you were there, placing the carrier down on the floor beside you. The new item in your home immediately caught Kkoongie's attention as she left Taemin's side and moved through the room, with intrigue getting the better of her as always.

Her cheeks rubbed against the edges of the carrier several times, sniffing around it too as she tried to figure it out. However, as you reached in and took your new-born daughter out, that was really when her attention was captured, eyes studying what you did very closely.

Taemin watched on from a distance as you slowly lowered your daughter down in your hold so that Kkoongie to take a closer look. "She seems so confused," Taemin laughed as Kkoongie walked all around your daughter, held tightly in your hold.

"I can't quite figure out whether she likes her or not just yet."

"She definitely seems as if she's trying to grasp Y/D/N's scent, her little nose is going crazy."

As Kkoongie seemed to settle, you placed your daughter down on the carpet, keeping a close eye on things as Kkoongie took a few steps towards her straight away.

She explored everything as your daughter stared back at her with wide eyes, a little confused as to what was going on. Everything was new for her as you finally got to bring her home, taking it all in with her eyes flickering all around the room.

Once the two of them seemed to relax a little, Taemin came across to join you on the sofa too. His arm draped over your shoulders as you watched Kkoongie, making sure that nothing happened as she finally stopped sniffing around your daughter.

"It seems like Kkoongie's taken quite a liking to Y/D/N's feet."

"The nurse did say that she'd avoid her face."

Taemin nodded back at you with a proud smile, "it's early days, but it seems like we might have a new set of best friends on our hands."

In the blink of an eye, Kkoongie seemed to settle, curling up around your daughter's feet where she laid. The feeling of soft fur tickling against the sole of her foot had your daughter excited, although a little confused too as to what the sudden sensation was.

"Kkoongie seems happy now, but just imagine what it'll be like when Y/D/N is able to start stroking and playing with her," you laughed back across to Taemin, "these two could be carnage."

"We definitely can't leave them alone," he chuckled, "who knows what mess we'll come back to."

Your head nodded in agreement with him as you glanced back down at them both, with Kkoongie seemingly moments away from a deep sleep, your daughter didn't seem too far away either.

"I wonder if she recognises any of the scent form your bump," Taemin whispered, stunned by how easily Kkoongie took to your daughter, knowing just how shy she usually got around new people, "she loved your baby bump."

"I feel kind of bad that she doesn't have a bump to cuddle up to at night now," you responded, looking down to your stomach where your bump had somewhat disappeared.

Taemin's hand moved down to rest over it as he followed your gaze, offering you a reassuring smile. "I still think that she'll cuddle up to you at night, she didn't leave your side at all during those nine months, she doesn't know any different now."

Despite her small stature, Kkoongie had definitely been your biggest protector whilst you were pregnant. Just about every night she could be found on your bed, usually lying in between the two of you, curled up around your bump as best as she could, often leaving Taemin with no choice but to lay away from you.

It was almost as if the two of them had been together for years as you looked back down at them both. "I think we'll have to be careful about Kkoongie leaping into bed with Y/D/N, not us."

"The midwife did say that the cot would be quite appealing to Kkoongie," you reminded Taemin¸ "I give it less than a day before we find her asleep in the baby carrier at some point, she won't be able to ignore how cosy that is.

Comfort was something that Kkoongie loved, and around your apartment she got plenty of it. But it was the items that you had bought whilst you waited for your daughter to arrive that she really took a liking too, sleeping on many of them constantly.

"I think the four of us are going to be just fine," Taemin whispered, pressing a kiss to the side of your head as you both shifted to look at the two of them sleeping on the carpet, "I don't know why we ever worried about how Kkoongie would react with a baby."

Your head nodded in agreement as your smile grew. It was one of the things that had worried you the most over the past nine months, but as you watched the two of them sleep closely to each other, you couldn't believe why you ever fretted.

You always knew how kind Kkoongie was, but never did you imagine her to be as sweet and protective as she was around your daughter, embracing the new-born scent.

"I feel like I won the lottery."

Your eyes flickered across to Taemin as he spoke, noticing how serious he was by the look in his eyes. "Can you believe that this is our family now?" You asked, wishing that you could stay in the bubble that you found yourselves in forever.

Things had gone better than either of you could have imagined, you'd hoped that with a bit of time the two of them would bond, but it already seemed like they'd been together for years. Luckily for you both, Kkoongie took to your daughter straight away, but after sleeping on most of her things for the past nine months, really it was the least that she could do.

"We're going to have to take a photo of this," Taemin told you, fumbling around for his phone, "I want everyone to see how cute the two of them are, my mum especially is going to go crazy at seeing this."

"I bet the boys will adore it too."

"They'll be annoyed that we're home and haven't invited them round to meet Y/D/N yet," he assured you, "if they had it their way, they probably would have been in the room with you when Y/D/N arrived."

Your eyes rolled at how eager the boys were, somehow you knew that they'd find a way to be upset that Kkoongie had met your daughter before they had.

"I don't want to move either of them," Taemin told you as he quietly took a photo, "I just want them to stay like this forever and be the best of friends. I always saw photos of animals and babies, but I never imagined how cute it would be in real life."

"Why do I feel like your phone is going to be filled with Kkoongie and Y/D/N photos in no time at all?" You quizzed, knowing exactly what Taemin was like.

His eyes went wide back across at you, "can you blame me when the two of them already look pretty adorable? And they're only going to get cuter too."

"I have to admit, they do look adorable right now."

tumblr: blu-joons