Byun Baekhyun: Baby blues

your pregnancy hasn't been easy. the morning sickness has lasted beyond what you thought it would, though it's not as bad as it was in the beginning, and your body just aches. your moods change within a blink of an eye, making everything just harder for you and the people around.

but despite it all, you're grateful to be pregnant and to be carrying baekhyuns baby. you just couldn't wait for the day you finally pushed this little baby out.

"are you feeling better, honey?" your mom asks you, coming out of the kitchen with a glass of water for you. ever since your sickness didn't stop after the the first few months, your mom insisted that somebody be there with you when baekhyun is away.

"yes," you reply, taking the offered water from her hand. a few minutes before baekhyun left for the store, you told him you felt sick and he offered to stay with you, but you need groceries so he left and called your mom instead. it was when she walked in the door that you vomited, and chalked it up to a perfume or scent she was wearing. every time she's come by you tonight, you've tried to breathe through your mouth so you don't get nauseous.

you and your mom sit quietly on the couch and she checks in on you about every 30 seconds. you rub your belly as you watch the tv. by the third time your mom asks if you're doing alright, you're praying for baekhyun to walk through the door so she can go home.

to your luck, he walks in about five minutes later, and if you could spring up and usher your mom out, you would. but you stay seated, a smile on your face as he walks through the door. "hey, mom, hey, y/n," baekhyun says, with a small smile on his face, his voice a little tired. he sets the bags of groceries on the counter and your mom gets up to greet him and help him unload everything.

you stay on the couch, both of them unaware of your pouting. y/n? since when did he ever call you that? you frown fold your hands over your stomach, tuning out the conversation between your mother and your husband.

"alright, honey, i'm leaving," your mom says, coming over and giving you a kiss on your forehead. "are you alright?" she asks, putting a hand on top of your head.

"yes," you snap. "get home safe." you add, and your tone is anything but friendly. she opens her mouth to reply but closes it, not wanting to argue with you and make it worse, and just awkwardly pats your head before turning away to exit.

baekhyun and her share a look before he walks her out. he comes back and takes measured steps into the living room, as if entering a lions den. "are you alright, honey?" he asks sweetly, coming to sit next to you on the couch.

"now you want to call me honey?" you ask, glaring over at him. baekhyuns eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"what? i always call you that," he says, going to grab your hand, but you pull it away.

"no, you called me 'y/n' when you walked in," you whine, your frown deepening. baekhyuns face remains confused as he tries to remember everything he did when he got home. "i'm not your baby anymore?" you ask, your eyes welling up.

panic paints baekhyuns face when he notices the tears and he quickly scoots closer to you and grabs both of your hands. "of course you are, y/n! i just didn't want to call you that in front of your mom," he says, which is barely true but it's true enough at the moment. he just wasn't really thinking when he walked in. "don't be upset, baby." he says, kissing the back of your hands. you sniff and pull one of your hands away to wipe stray tears.

"can i have a kiss?" you ask, your voice quiet and shy. baekhyun smiles and brushes some hair out of your face before nodding and learning forward, gently placing his lips on yours. you put your hands on his cheeks and pull him impossibly closer to you, wanting to feel and be near him.