Park Seo Joon: Mine

Your smile lit up as Seojoon finished reading through the brief that your company had been sent about a new role being offered your way. It was something that you found incredibly tempting, deciding to see what Seojoon thought about it too.

Whilst you expected to see a smile on Seojoon's face, you were instead met with a blank expression as Seojoon pushed the brief away from him at the table.

"Do you want to do this?" He asked you, taking you by surprise. "I mean, it doesn't exactly sound like the most thrilling drama to be working on."

Your bubble had well and truly been burst by Seojoon, without any real reason as to why he seemed so keen for you to change your mind. It seemed like the perfect chance for you to make a name for yourself, which perhaps was the reason why Seojoon wasn't quite so excited by the job.

"They are other jobs out there that I know will be better suited to you Y/N," Seojoon added when you glared across at him, "this is just the first job that you've seen."

"Then what's so bad about taking this one?"

You sat down opposite Seojoon at the table waiting for him to say something, but he didn't. His ego got in the way of him being honest with you, too much pride to open up about why he felt so unsettled with the drama. Instead, he decided to go along with you and the things that you thought were the problems.

"You know whenever you come to me with a new job, I support you," you reminded him, "it's a shame that you can't do the same."

He wanted to tell you otherwise, try and assure you that he did support you, but he couldn't. With the brief still sitting between the two of you at the table, the problem was still staring Seojoon right in the face, you just had no idea that it was right in front of you.

"Are you annoyed because they've asked me to work on this drama and not even mentioned your name?" You asked Seojoon, desperate to get to the bottom of things. "Do you think they should have asked you to be the lead?"

"I don't care about working on that drama or not," Seojoon quickly told you, "I don't sit here and expect my name to be attached to every drama or movie that gets released Y/N."

You threw your head back as you tried to figure out what was going on or where things had suddenly started going so wrong. It was unlike Seojoon, he knew that too, but the little voice in the back of his head just wasn't letting him be him.

"Maybe I should just do this drama to spite you," you suggested, picking the brief back up again. "I mean if Lee Minho is working on it, how bad of a drama could it be? We could work well together."

His name sent a shiver down Seojoon's spine, bringing his eyes down to stare into his lap. His actions didn't go unnoticed by you as you picked up on Seojoon's dejected expression, trying to figure things out again.

"You wouldn't mind if worked with Minho, would you?" You asked Seojoon, tapping your hands against the table. "I think when they talked me through the script there were only about three kiss scenes anyway."

Seojoon tensed up opposite you as he tried his best to stay calm. "There are better actors that you could work with," he muttered under his breath, "I mean it's not as if he's a great actor anyway, is it?"

"You mean he's better than you?"

"He's just a handsome face, anyone could kiss him if they were paid to do it?"

"Like me?" You quizzed, "Are you jealous that it's him that I'm working with Seojoon?"

When no reply came from opposite the table, things quickly began to fall into place for you. You knew that Seojoon had always liked to be aware of the other actors that you were working with, but you never expected him to be envious too.

"What's so wrong about working with Minho?" You asked Seojoon, taking a much calmer approach so that he could explain the way that he felt to you. "He's an actor just like you, you know you have to kiss actresses and I don't complain."

Seojoon's head nodded back at you, knowing that what you were saying was true, but it felt so wrong with the boot on the other foot.

"The thought of you having to kiss someone else rubs me up the wrong way, but knowing that that person is him just doesn't sit right with me at all," Seojoon admitted, "I know it's work and just professional, but the thought of it still just sends a shiver down my spine Y/N."

Your head nodded too as you tried to understand things from Seojoon's perspective. Out of the two of you, he had always been the one that was a little less secure in your relationship and now it was beginning to show for you.

"Would you rather I said no so I don't have to kiss him?" You asked Seojoon.

"No, you're right, I should be supporting you in achieving your dreams Y/N."

"I can't do this knowing you're going to spend the foreseeable future jealous every time that I go to work though," you explained to Seojoon, "it will be horrible."

For your sake, he knew that he needed to forget about how he felt and reassure himself not to worry about a thing. If there was one thing that Seojoon was not going to allow it was himself to be a barrier in your career.

It would take some getting used to, Seojoon wasn't sure if it was ever something that he'd truly be alright with, but he had to try, for you. As much as he wanted to swap himself in and work with you, he couldn't.

"You should call them tomorrow and tell them you'll do the job, I can tell it's what you want to do," Seojoon encouraged. "You shouldn't let me being jealous stop you, and I probably shouldn't be jealous of a kiss either."

"Saying yes won't get in the way of us though, right?"

"No, I won't let it get to me like that Y/N."

Your head slowly nodded as Seojoon offered you a smile, "This could be huge for me Seojoon, having your backing is the most important thing to me."

"And you've got it," he promised you, reaching his hand across the table for you to take hold of. "I'm not going to be that boyfriend that holds you back just because something doesn't sit right with me. I can get used to you working with Minho, even though is despicably attractive and an incredibly charming man too."

"Would it surprise you to know that I think you're way more attractive than him?" You asked Seojoon as you rested your hand on his.

His eyes looked at you in disbelief, letting go of a chuckle too. You meant every word though, you'd worked with many actors, and kissed quite a few of them too, but still none of them compared to the incredible actor that you had at home.

"I'd tell you that I think you're a liar."

"Then I'd tell you that you should start trusting me more often," you joked.

Seojoon's head shook as you kept your eyes on him, "I'm sorry if I made you think that I wasn't supporting you today."

"Don't worry," you smiled, "I'm just glad we could clear things through, even though you have nothing to be jealous about."

"Will you kiss me better than you kiss him?"

"Of course, I will."

---

tumblr: blu-joons