Cha Eunwoo: Loved

Your eyes looked around as you walked into the apartment, if you didn't know any better, you were sure that you'd walked into the wrong place as your eyes glanced around. For once, your apartment was tidy, with candles scattered around to generate a bit of light.

As you walked further into the apartment, you spotted Dongmin walking through from the kitchen, smiling widely to greet you. "I wondered when you'd finally get home," he chuckled, moving his arms around your waist.

"You're home early," you hummed as you rested against his chest, struggling to believe that all the sweetness around the house was all thanks to you.

"We managed to finish the shoot a little earlier today, so I wanted to do something to say thank you for all the support you've shown me whilst I've been so busy," he told you, pressing a kiss to the top of your head. "It's been a bit of a rush, but I hope it does the trick."

You couldn't quite comprehend that you were standing in the same apartment that you left just a few hours ago. Dongmin led you to sit at the dining table where a drink was already waiting for you, and a bouquet of fresh tulips sat in a vase, inviting you across with their beautiful scent, being your favorite flowers after all.

Dongmin flashed another smile across at you as he walked into the kitchen, noticing you trying to glance around the wall to see what he was up to. "My mum sent me a recipe that she used to cook my dad, so I thought I'd try it for you. It's kept the two of them happy after so many years, so hopefully, it'll do the same for us too."

"Can you be trusted to cook?" You called out, impressed that your apartment was even still standing as you recalled Dongmin's track record in the kitchen. "It's not too late to phone for takeout, I'm pretty sure there's a menu lying around somewhere. I'm more than happy to give them a call if you want to."

"Just trust me," Dongmin chuckled, refusing to listen to you.

You sat in the dining room in anticipation, flinching every time you heard Dongmin clattering around. Eventually, he appeared through the door with two plates of pasta in his hand, surprisingly presented well, and astonishingly tasting delicious.

"I can put the effort in when I want to," he proudly informed you as he took a seat opposite you, untying the apron from around his waist. "There is nothing greater to show appreciation than a home-cooked meal, that's another thing Mum always taught me."

In between his hectic schedule, you couldn't quite believe that Dongmin had put something so special together for you. It had been an incredibly long time since the two of you last spent an evening together, most of your nights were just a quick hello and goodnight when one of you inevitably came home in the early hours, far too tired to engage in just a small piece of conversation with each other.

"You must be exhausted," you whispered across to him as you took a sip from your drink, "this was your first chance in a long time to relax, and instead you decided to do all of this for me. I don't know what I did to get so lucky and find someone as thoughtful and selfless as you."

"This is nothing compared to all of the things that you've done for me," he stated, refusing to even listen to you as you tried to protest. "I'm being serious, things have picked up for me rapidly recently, and yet you've never complained and just supported me through it all."

Your head shook, nudging his foot under the table. "I don't complain because I love you. I'm beyond proud to see how well you've been doing for yourself."

The two of you continued to engage in minimal small talk until you finished your meal. You couldn't quite believe that something so tasty had been crafted by Dongmin, but you were determined to start making the most of his newfound skill. He'd worked hard to create the perfect evening for you, and to see the smile on your face was all that he needed.

"I would love to tell you I had something more planned after this, but I thought a lazy cuddle in bed might just be what we needed," he spoke up as you took the plates into the kitchen.

His suggestion was like music to your ears, it had felt like forever since the two of you even laid in the same bed together without one of you being asleep. Neither of you could get upstairs quick enough to change and slide underneath the duvet beside each other.

"It feels nice to just not fall asleep beside you," Dongmin whispered once you'd settled against his chest. "I've missed who we used to be sometimes, even though we haven't changed, it's still felt like I've neglected us for quite a while."

Your head shook in response to him, pressing a kiss against his cheek before he could speak any further. The last thing you felt Dongmin was neglected, even just the smallest of things he did for you right now was something you treasured in his busy schedule.

His hand snaked around your waist once he was sure you were comfortable beside him, allowing his head to rest against yours, pressing his lips into your hairline.

"How long has it been since we last did this?" You chuckled, "This is the ideal moment where I'd just like to grab the remote and press pause on everything that's going on around us."

"That would be pretty cool," Dongmin agreed, squeezing you a little bit tighter. "I don't want to leave it so long next time, I want us to have nights like this more often, where we can just go back to being who we were before the chaos."

"Our lives would be lost these days without the chaos. As hectic as it can be, I wouldn't have things any other way, seeing you succeed is all I've ever wanted for you."

At times Dongmin struggled to understand what he'd done to have such an incredible supporter in you, through everything, you cheered for him.

"I used to think some days that all of this would get too much for you," he admitted, meeting your eyes as you glanced up at him. "But these days I've learned to be thankful for your support rather than doubt myself. Because I don't think I'd be able to do everything that I do if it wasn't for you constantly having my back."

"Yes, you would," you quickly assured him, "even if you underestimate yourself sometimes, I don't. Tonight, just proved to me why all the quick hellos and brief goodbyes are worth it because I'm so in love with the person that you are."

His head shook, kissing the top of your head yet again. "I did win an incredible daesang the day that I met you Y/N."

"You were always my grand prize."

tumblr: blu-joons