Lee Taeyong: Lemonade

(CW: food, parent! reader, a child)

"Should we get the strawberry lemonade or the strawberry peach lemonade?" Taeyong asked, looking carefully over the two cartons he had in his hands.

"Lemonade was not on the list honey," you chide, instead grabbing the apple juice to his right. You placed the carton in the cart and continued down the aisle.

"Do we always have to only get the stuff off the list? C'mon, let's be a little spontaneous! Let's get the lemonade!"

"No, no lemonade. Come on, we have other errands to run before the day is done," you told the two of them, quietly telling your husband," Please don't make me the bad guy. We have too many sweets at home as is."

"Lemonade!" The small voice in the cart called out.

You sighed with a playful roll of your eyes, mumbling something about going back to get some fruit you forgot. "I'll meet you in the frozen section after you both pick one lemonade. Just this once, no more straying off the list you two."

Taeyong watched as you made your way back to the produce. Once you left his line of sight his eyes snapped back to the carbon copy in the cart. "Let's go get our frozen, baby."

"Ice cream?"

"We can't my love, maybe next time ok?"

The little pout and the slowly watering eyes were Taeyong's biggest weakness. He had to be strong, he didn't want to spoil your child or be the pushover parent. He was standing firm until the little bottom lip began wobbling and without even thinking Taeyong heard "Do you want to be sneaky?" come from his mouth.

The child's eyes lit up, nodding excitedly, giggling as Taeyong made his way down the frozen aisle quickly. "We're going to sneak some ice cream, but we have to keep it a secret ok? Only you and Pa can know, got it?"

"Got it," the little voice whispered back with a giggle. Magically those big eyes filled with tears and pouty faces were gone and instead replaced with a big smile. This kid was going to get him into a lot of trouble.

Taeyong set to work grabbing the different ice creams chosen between the two of them and hiding them under the piles and piles of other foods you had already gathered. It was pretty apparent you both had set off grocery shopping for too long.

He was quick to adjust the food when he saw you coming back, "And we need to get some rice cakes and dumplings from this aisle. Have you gotten them yet?"

Taeyong smiled brightly, "We got them, is that all we needed?"

You chose to ignore the almost suspicious identical bright smile from the seated toddler: You looked over the list to make sure you got everything you needed, then began pushing the cart towards the checkout.

"Do you want candy?" You asked the toddler on your hip who had done so well not complaining and being patient your whole trip. It was honestly a little surprising. You weren't even paying attention to your husband behind you who was swiftly and slyly hiding the ice cream behind the other foods on the conveyor belt while you grabbed the gummies your child had chosen.

When the mountains of food were piled into the car and the toddler strapped in, you were finally on your way back home. Peacefully unaware of the secret between the other two in the car until you heard, "I'm so excited to eat my candy and ice cream when we get home."

"Ice cream, huh? Taeyong, what did I tell you?" Uh oh.

tumblr: gyeomsweetgyeom