Lee Junho: Chatter Box

Your body jumped as a hand clasped around your wrist, pulling you down the corridor as you made your way back to the studio after grabbing a drink. Your eyes widened as you came face to face with Junho, feeling his eyes staring across at you.

"What's going on with you?" He asked in a soft voice, "You've been strangely quiet all afternoon, barely saying a word to anyone."

Your head shook back across at him as you slipped your wrist out of his hold, taking a small step back from Junho. His eyebrows knitted together as your shoulders dropped, shyly turning your body inwards, whilst keeping yourself nice and quiet too, not saying a word.

"People usually can't get a word in around you," Junho joked, laughing only to himself.

You remained expressionless though as he spoke, rather than finding his words a joke, you couldn't help but worry instead. The last thing that you wanted to be was someone who talked too much, you knew you loved to chat, but never did you intend to do it at the expense of someone else.

"Talk to me," Junho suggested, taking a step forward and trying to take hold of your hand again, "if there's a reason as to why you're quiet, then I'd love to know what it is and try and help you out to fix the problem too.

Your eyes dropped to the floor as a heavy sigh came from you too, biting down on your bottom lip to keep your mouth shut rather than talking to Junho.

"Don't close off," he whispered, keeping his voice calm rather than letting you see how flustered he was.

Your head slowly lifted, eyes flickering across to look at him and meet his eyes that were filled with concern. "Do you think I talk too much?" You asked, leaving Junho taken aback before you.

Without even having to think, Junho's head shook in response to your question, gently squeezing onto your hand. He wasn't quite sure where your query came from, but knowing you felt that way instantly had him feeling worried.

"I don't want to annoy people Junho," you then suddenly confessed, "I know some people talk too much, and I don't want to be one of those people too."

His head continued to shake, feeling his heart break as he listened in to the insecurities that had been playing on his mind. "You don't talk too much at all, no one thinks that way either, I promise you Y/N."

You could tell that Junho was upset to hear what had been playing on your mind as he spoke with an overwhelming sincerity in his voice. He didn't mind if you listened to him quite a lot of the time, but he was hopeful that you'd listen to him now when it mattered the most to him.

"People love how much you talk, that's what makes you so friendly," he tried to assure you, "and that's the reason why the boys love you a lot, they've even told me."

You raised a questionable glance back to Junho, struggling to see how the boys could ever feel such a way. "I thought that maybe they might feel as if I'm too much by talking to them all the time, especially whilst you guys are all so busy with work too."

"No way," he instantly responded, squeezing onto your hand once again, "they'd much rather that you talked too much than not at all, everyone would rather have plenty of conversation than all sit around in silence too."

As Junho spoke, you made sure to keep your eyes on him, finding reassurance in everything that he had to say. "What about you? Not just the boys and your family, do you ever wish that you could just shut me up sometimes?"

"You must be crazy, I love hearing the sound of your voice and talking to you," he vowed.

The corners of your mouth slowly turned up as Junho pulled you towards him so that there was only minimal distance between you both. His free hand settled on your waist as he looked across at you with a broad smile on his face to reassure you too.

"You're a little chatterbox, and that's one of my favorite things about you. There's nothing that I love more than being able to lay up with you at night when I can't sleep and just talk about absolute nonsense," he laughed, tickling his hand gently against your waist.

Before you could begin to let your insecurities creep in again, Junho led you back into the studio, watching as the rest of the boys all looked across at you both with smiles on their faces.

With all of them sat down on the floor whilst they took a few minutes to catch their breath, Junho led you across with him too, taking a seat in a gap that Taecyeon and Chansung had left for you both for when you eventually came back through and joined them.

As the conversation picked back up again, Junho noticed how quick you were to fall silent once again, still not quite able to conquer the devil on your shoulder. Even when things were led so that you could respond, you had nothing to engage with.

"Y/N, are you alright?" Wooyoung eventually asked when he noticed how out of character your silence was for you.

Whilst your head nodded in reply to him, beside you, Junho's head shook, knowing that he needed the boys to help you squash the voice in the back of your head this time around.

"What's been going on? Has something happened?"

"Y/N's been worrying that she talks too much," Junho informed them before you could even try and protest again. "I told her that everyone loves how much she talks and engages with us all, but it seems that despite my little pep talk, she's still not quite listening."

Straight away voices flew across the room as all of the boys quickly assured you that they loved how willing you were to talk to them, and how much they loved talking to you too, and getting to know all about you as well.

"Don't ever feel bad about talking around us," Minjun spoke up the loudest, "Junho always says how you're his little chatterbox, and that very much applies to all of us too, you know how loud we all can be, having someone chatty is the perfect fit for all of us."

"And we know how much Junho adores you as you are," Nichkhun added, "you should never feel bad about the person that you are or feel as if you need to change."

You smiled appreciatively around at them all as Junho shuffled towards you further, wrapping his arm around your waist and pulling you into his side.

"See," he whispered into your ear, pressing a kiss against your cheek too, "everyone loves you as you are, and everyone loves being able to talk to you. No one ever wants you to change, you're the best as you are."

"Thank you," you told him, resting your head down against his shoulder, "speaking to all of you has made me feel a lot better."

They all nodded back at you, "You're one of us now Y/N, we're always more than happy to encourage you, or just have a chat."

"I might just take you up on that," you smiled across to Chansung.

"You're not just Junho's chatterbox, you're ours too."

tumblr: blu-joons