Byun Baekhyun: Rumors..

genre: fluff & angst

synopsis:

your secret relationship with baekhyun getting revealed, and what comes after. 

"yes, i take care of all of them," you laugh, nodding at the radio show hosts question about if it's hard being a leader to a group of 4, including yourself. "especially our youngest." you say, glancing over at sunny, the baby of your group.

"what's the age difference between you and her?" the host asks.

"six years," you say, making the host gasp.

"ah, so you're 28... that means she was 16 when you debuted?" the host looks between you and sunny, both of you nodding. "wow, so you probably have had no time for dating since even before debut!"

you laugh, though it's 90% true, which sucks. "yes, because she was so young when we were trainees—we all were—i was always with them to make sure they stayed out of trouble and weren't around strange people," you say, your eyes sliding over all of your members. "so, no, there hasn't been a lot of time to date. but i'm not mad at that because i was taking care of my babies." everyone chuckles at the last bit and mingwa puts her head on your shoulder.

"y/n needs somebody to take care of her!" heejin, the second to youngest member shouts. you smile and shake your head at her words, though they're unbelievably true. if only the public knew that you were, though. that instead of laying your head on a soft pillow every night, you lied down on a hard chest and let strong arms hold you tight, while soft kisses on the top of your head lulled you to sleep.

"girl, i'm your candy," sunny sings quietly. you don't cut your eyes at her immediately, but the panic bubbles in your chest. nobody mentions her singing, or sings along, but sunny and mingwa share a quick look that freaks you out, makes you paranoid that in a few hours when the video recording of this session is posted, speculations will start.

you glance at sunny, hoping to catch her eye, but she's engrossed in what the host is talking about. you can barely hear above your heartbeat in your ears, the blood rushing through so quickly it's starting to give you a headache. you try to discreetly regulate your breathing, trying to remember those videos talking about square breathing that you found online. nobody seems to notice, except mingwa who taps your forearm and looks at you with concern that you brush off.

you manage to make it through the rest of the interview as normal as possible. you start talking a lot less, letting your members share more about themselves and the group, and nobody except for mingwa clocks that you were mentally somewhere else.

saying your goodbyes, the four of you get up and shuffle out of the radio station and into the outside world where dozens of cameras await. the shutters fly at rapid pace, and the flash on some of them are nearly blinding, but you and your group smile and pose, despite the chaos happening.

shuffling into the car, you let the three others get inside first. you take the last seat in the sprinter van and buckle yourself in, resting your head against the headrest. "y/n, are you alright?" mingwa asks, concern clear and evident in her voice. you let out a breath and sit up, turning around to look at sunny.

"why did you start singing 'candy', soojin?" you ask, using her full name. she looks at you with wide eyes at her government being called and holds her hands up in surrender. "do you know what people are going to say?"

"sorry, mom," she shoots back, giving you an incredulous look. "all they're going to say is that i'm acting exactly like how the youngest person is supposed to be acting—interrupting you and singing over everybody. nobody is going to say anything about you and baekhyun." you press your lips together, stumped because she's most likely right, even though you have an inkling in the back of your brain that somebody is going to take notice, and make something out if it.