Cha Eunwoo:Dancing in the kitchen

You let out a sigh while placing the last plate on the rack, feigning exhaustion as you turned to look at your boyfriend, who is still carefully rinsing the remnants of soap off the sink. Even in the semi darkness that engulfs you two, you can distinguish his features enough to feel butterflies fly around your stomach at how beautiful he is.

"What?" Eunwoo asks, drying his hands on a raggedy pink towel, and squinting to see you. The candles around the kitchen are barely enough, but with the power out due the storm outside, you don't have much of a choice.

"Nothing," you reply, smiling softly at him. It's been a very long day, but despite whatever happens through it, good or bad, your favorite thing is coming home to him. "I'm just tired."

Eunwoo takes a deep breath, stretching his arms above his head and lifting his shirt in the process. "Me too, baby."

You guess it's around 10 pm, both your phones died before you even started eating dinner and you don't want to strain your sight enough to look at the clock hanging from the opposite wall. You don't really want to go to bed, but there isn't much else you can do with the power out and your electronic devices dead, plus the lack of more candles. You told Eunwoo about a hundred times that you needed to buy more for emergencies like this, yet both of you forgot about it every time you went grocery shopping.

Eunwoo's shadow covers the orange glow on your face as he stands in front of you, offering his hand.

You stare at him, questioning.

"I don't want to go upstairs yet," he says with a small shrug, one that turns into a little jump after a lightning strike illuminates his face silver.

"And you want to dance?" you chuckle with an eyeroll, but still you take his hand and let him press you against his body.

"It's like that song you always listen to, the one about dancing in the refrigerator light."

"You know that's a break up song, right?"

Eunwoo lifts a shoulder again, one hand against your lower back while the other squeezes your fingers. "Good thing we're never breaking up."

You smile at him before he makes you turn, which you follow awkwardly until you're back in place with your hand on his chest. "It seems a lot easier in the movies,"

"You just need to relax," he whispers, swaying softly to the imaginary music.

You try your best to do as he says, mostly letting him take the lead as he spins you and sways you to whatever is playing in his head. The light breeze from your movements making the light dance around the room, casting shadows on your faces.

It isn't long until you're laughing, your moves getting more and more confident until you don't know if Eunwoo is still leading you or it's the other way around. But you're having fun, you feel happiness bubble inside you, and love too, you love him so much you have no idea how you hold it inside you most of the time.

Your laughter gets drowned by his lips soon enough, you've stopped twirling and turning, and are standing in the middle of the kitchen, your fingers threading through Eunwoo's hair while he squeezes your hips.

"I love you," he whispers softly, his lips still against yours. "I love you so much."

"I love you, too." you say before your mouths melt in another kiss.

This is perfect. And you know you think everything is perfect when he's around way too often for it to be true, but it is true. Things just seem to fall into place when it comes to Eunwoo and you, even the most simple ones.

This is what it feels like to have found your soulmate.

tumblr: daybreakx