Lee Taeyong: Painted

[1:16 pm]

You hummed under your breath, the tiny brush gently coating your nail in white nail polish. Your focus on keeping your fingers free of polish was aided by the calming music and overall silence of the room. Though the concentration was broken quite quickly.

"Hey, babe- woah! It smells strong in here! What are you doing?" Taeyong asked loudly, making you jump which made you miss your nail entirely and now painting your finger instead.

You sighed, "Hi bubu, I was just painting my nails." You reached for the nail polish remover and a cotton ball, well, at least you had only painted a few nails on one hand.

He smiled as he took the wet cotton ball from you and began to remove the nail polish for you, "Can I do your nails baby?"

You looked at him confused and a bit skeptically before you shrugged, "Why not?" He was an artist after all.

His smile was blinding as he looked through the nail polishes on the desk while he excitedly spewed out every idea that came to mind. Animal print? Polka dots? Stripes? Is every nail a different color?

"Just do whatever you want, you are an artiste bubu." You smiled at him.

He laughed, finally deciding on all the colors and tools he would need. "I want it to be a surprise so don't look until I'm done, okay?" He instructed as he chose a youtube video to distract you while he got to work.

He made his odd little noises as you felt the layers of polish on every nail until at the very end you felt him blow on your nails to dry them. "Are you ready to see?"

You nodded excitedly pulling your hands away from the desk to look at his work. The mix of colors was a beautiful mess, colors, and strokes from different-sized brushes you wouldn't have ever thought to do or even be able to do for yourself.

"These are my favorite," You smiled, holding out your ring and pinky finger to Taeyong. Your ring finger was decorated in messy red and blue stripes with little smiley faces of different colors.

"I didn't even think I could sign this small, but an artist always signs his work." Taeyong smiled, looking closely at his work on your pinky nail- every color he had chosen was a strategic mess of color splotches with a small "TY" as the focal point.

"There's no way I can ever top these, all my nails after this will be so boring."

"I can just do them for you, baby," Taeyong offered with a kind smile before pressing a quick kiss to your cheek and helping you collect all the nail supplies.

You smiled, pressing loving pecks to his reddening cheeks, "Thank you, baby, you're the best artist on the planet. Ever."

"Put your hands down- as much as I would love a proper kiss right now, I can't have you ruining my artwork."

tumblr: gyeomsweetgyeom