Cho Guesung: Double take(2)

CHAPTER TWO:❝When you put your arms around me, you let me know there's nothing in this world I can't do❞

How did it all begin? Well, you know it all too well, like the back of your hand. You could write a whole novel about it and you could confidently recite word for word if someone dared ask you to, that's how well you know your story. From the dialogue. The finer details even.

Clammy hands. Anxious heart. Teeth gnashing on your lips. You waited patiently outside the restaurant where you agreed to meet, you stood despite the harsh winds and cold nipping your face. He was nowhere to be seen yet. Of course, he wouldn't be. You showed up almost half an hour before the set time, you were that nervous.

You want to leave a remarkable impression, but you're afraid that you'll be too lax and end up being extremely late, he'll be the one who'll end up waiting for what will feel like endless hours in this weather.

Gue Sung calls out your name as he spots you in the midst of sprinkling soft snow. In his hand was a floral bouquet, unique impressive unique and special soft petaled blooms of tulips displayed, from baby pinks to almost an off-white colour tied together in a flushed salmon silk ribbon, multi-layered in rich waves of elegant thin veiled tissue paper to pattern flower wrapping paper.

You stood stiffly, stunned. So was he. Well, perhaps it wasn't only you who apparently felt extremely on edge.

"Hey. You're early." You state. Voice shaky. Tugging on the sleeves of your beige trench coat.

"I could say the same thing about you." Gue Sung hands you the flowers which you gratefully take from him. He nudges his arm out for you silently for you to take, flustered, lacing and locking arms with him, "Let's go?"

The date went well; it was a romantic candlelit dinner, candles burned brightly in the middle of the table, and a live band softly played jazz music aiding with the rather intimate setting. Couples were on a date and some perhaps celebrated their many years together.

That night nothing but joyous and cheeks strained from grinning the whole night. You eased up a lot more as jokes were thrown, the conversation flowed smoothly, and there was never a moment where you found yourself in an awkward silence where it resorted to awkward staring with some uncomfortable tight-lipped smile. Nursing the glass of red wine instead of trying to engage in some poor attempt at a meaningful conversation.

No, it felt like the hours you spent were mere minutes. Cut too short.

Gue Sung was charming. Funny. Everything about his personality glimmered. It poured out like liquid gold. The way, he intensely bore into your eyes, like he was exploring and lost in the faraway galaxy. God, nothing else was sexier in a man than looking at you like you were the only person that existed.

No questions asked, a second date came around.

Christmas Market. It seems like a good idea and quite romantic, if you might say, you get the chance to walk around and chat. Enjoy each other's company while staying cosy with a cup of hot chocolate in hand. Still, you aren't entirely sure as to why celebrating Christmas with a lover is romantic... Perhaps to some, this was the countdown to a new beginning. Something of looking forward to the unforeseen future together? You don't know. Maybe it's something you'll be looking at too

"I don't think I can finish it all." You mumbled, eyeing the stall, the sweet aroma of the chocolate wafting. The holiday season didn't cut short; decked out fresh pine trees with luminous colourful lights, mosaic-like Christmas baubles, the mixtures of greens and reds, and peppermint candies. It was Christmas paradise.

"You can take a sip out of mine." Gue Sung offers as he absentmindedly brushes your strayed hair and tucks it behind your hair, adjusting the neatly folded scarf around your neck ensuring you're all toasty warm.