Kim Jongin(Kai):Make Me

Word count: 2.5K

Warning: t/w: Kai Military Service, Graphic Tasteful Smut, 18+

Jongin/Kai X Reader

Established relationship au, LDR, switch King, mild Fem-Dom inclinations.

Angst/Smut

It had been three months almost to the day. Three months since you last saw your boyfriend's lovely face in person. Since you last saw the cute little half-moons of his eyes and those pearly white teeth as he smiled at you. Since you heard that sweet laugh from his lips. Three months since you felt his warmth envelope you, wrapped in the soft sheets of your bed. Three fucking months. You knew why he left. Even if it wasn't your culture, you understood the reasoning behind it, but that didn't make the distance any easier. Even prioritizing work and returning to your own home didn't make it easier.

The only thing keeping any semblance of sanity inside your brain were the late-night calls. The small texts occasionally sent when he had the time to do so, the little I love you and I miss you's, reminders of how you were on his mind. Your body was beyond the point of withdrawal, the desperation to see him, to hold him, blinded you to everything and soon you found yourself on a plane, ready to see him.

Jongin would be excited to see you, right? If your distance was agony to you, it must've been the same for him. Still, you couldn't help the bob of your leg, or the need to constantly twist and turn and adjust the ring on your finger.

"A ring? You're not proposing, are you? I'm not ready for that." The memory of his laugh, his sparkling smile, and the way his arm felt warm and heavy on your shoulders.

"It's a promise ring," he held your hand up in his, admiring the way the silver piece looked around your finger, "I'm promising that I'll always be on your side, even if I can't be there in person. You'll always have a little part of me with you." You recalled the excitement in his eyes and the way his words took your breath away and made your heart skip a beat. "Do you like it?"

"I love it, Nini."

You wished you would've gotten him something in return for the promise, but you never got the chance to. All too soon you needed to return home and he needed to serve. You would make up for that this time and show him how much you loved and missed him. Your resolve; a party for two. You were certain that if you called your boyfriend and told him you were in town he would drop everything, so you needed to prepare everything first. A few stops later and you had everything you needed to make your night a success. Groceries for a home-cooked meal, check. Candles and bath bombs, check. Now you just needed a gift.

The path to his house was one you knew like the back of your hand. You'd practically lived there for the spring, but as you walked past the shops and vendors, a jewelry store on the corner caught your attention. You couldn't buy him a ring. His fans might see it and get angry, but maybe you could give him something else. A promise could be made with anything. The staff greeted you as soon as you walked in and you bobbed your head in their direction before letting your eyes wander the glass casings of silver and gold and jewels.

Your ring was elegant but simple so you wanted to pick something that would match well with it. Couples jewelry. Your eyes lingered on a simple silver bracelet and you imagined how nice it would look against his skin. How he could wear it with anything and everything and always have a little part of you with him. It was perfect and you bought it without so much as a glance at the price tag. You did not need to know how deep a hole it would make in your wallet.

Maybe showing up unannounced at his house was a bad idea. What if he was home? You shot him a quick text and tried to disguise your question as innocently as possible.