Lee Junho: Smile

pairing: lee junho x reader

word count: 530 words

prompt: touched

summary: on his way home, junho couldn't help but think of you, coming home with the perfect surprise to put a smile on your face

The smell of something fragrant greeted you as soon as you walked through to greet Junho, with your smile instinctively turning up as you watched him walk into the room, holding onto a large bouquet in one hand.

"For you," Junho smiled as he spotted you, extending his arm out so that you could take the flowers from him.

Straight away you brought them up and underneath your nose, taking in a deep breath as you smelt the different flowers that were in the bouquet, each one managing to combine perfectly together.

"What are these for?" You asked Junho as he dropped his bag down onto the sofa before walking across to greet you, pressing a gentle kiss against your cheek.

His arm snaked around your waist as he followed your gaze that was still on the flowers, "there's no reason for me to buy them, I just thought that I'd buy them for you."

Your smile turned up even more as you allowed Junho to rest your frame against his chest, "these are beautiful, thank you."

After a few moments, you escaped Junho's hold so that you could get the flowers in some water, not wanting to leave them dry for too long and risk doing them any harm. Junho followed you as you headed for the kitchen, pulling out your vase from underneath the sink.

"I saw them in the shop when I picked up a drink and I thought of you immediately," he began to tell you as he sat down at the table to watch you tidy the bouquet up.

"Really?" You grinned, running the vase under the tap to start filling it up with water, "I can't believe you bought these just because."

Your reaction was everything that Junho had hoped it would be, he wanted to surprise you and remind you just how much he loved being with you, even if at times he was a little bit too busy to show it.

"We've not had flowers at home for a while, I thought they'd be the perfect fit," he noted too as you moved the vase onto the table, "it always felt like we were missing something here."

"I'm touched, honestly," you sincerely replied to Junho, beginning to tidy up the stems of some of the flowers so that they were all the same height. "I bet you got some funny looks in the shop."

"I did," he laughed, "but I just reminded them that I was doing what any good boyfriend would do."

"The best boyfriend," you smirked as you pulled off a couple of dead leaves, "I wasn't expecting for you to come home with this tonight, at all."

As you began to arrange the flowers, Junho stood up from his seat to help you out so that you didn't miss any of the nice color combinations.

"I've been a bit absent recently with filming and recording," he admitted, "I wanted to just do something to remind you that I'm here."

"I always know that you're here," you whispered, "I can tell by the amount of washing that I have to do every day."

"I know you love it."

tumblr: blu-joons