Kim Jongin(Kai): Merry me?

The steady rhythm of Jongin's heartbeat against your back and the low tune of White Christmas playing in the background would lull you to sleep on any other day. Today, however, is different. Not because it's the day before Christmas but because of the brand new ring decorating your left ring finger. You hadn't stopped admiring the piece of jewelry since your now fiancé had slipped it upon your finger earlier this evening. Well maybe spare for the good hour the two of you had spent loving every inch of each other's bodies.

Jongin removes the arm that had been resting over your shoulder to instead grab you hold of your left wrist hanging over the edge of the bathtub and hold it up to admire.

"I can't believe we're engaged," he tells you and laces his fingers through yours, disbelief evident in his voice. The statement makes you laugh heartily and you turn your upper body slightly in order to look him in the eyes.

"You're the one who proposed silly," you remind him and lean in for a light kiss on his lips.

Just as you're about to lean away from him, Jongin brings his free hand to the back of your head and captures your lips once more. The kiss deepens and you find yourself slipping your fingers from his and instead tangle your fingers in the damp hair at the nape of his neck. You smile against his lips while taking a second to breathe and soon enough the deep rumble of his laugh echoes throughout the candlelit bathroom. Leaning back a little, you take the time to admire his golden skin decorated by water droplets, thick eyebrows furrowed slightly. His eyes, you notice, are glimmering as they look directly into yours. You cup his cheek and trace the plush skin of his bottom lip. Jongin still has his grip on the back of your head and you lean in once more, drunk on his kisses.

The music in the background eventually tunes out before another starts, then another, and another, until the two of you finally break apart with the silliest smiles.

"So how do you plan to top this quite amazing Christmas gift tomorrow?" You ask and Jongin's lips form into a pout.

"Why would I need to top a Christmas engagement? Especially when you get to spend the rest of your life with me? I'll spoil you rotten all the Christmases to come, baby."

Your head falls back by the force of the laughter laughter leaving your lips and Jongin looks thoroughly confused by your reaction.

"I'm joking, honey. How could I ever wish for anything more than getting proposed to by the love of my life?"

Jongin is still pouting when he mumbles out a close to incoherent "I know that". The pout then turns into a cheeky smile that makes your insides turn fuzzy with the anticipation of what might be on his mind.

"How about we have a kid? That'll be a good gift for both of us." The man has the audacity to wink which earns him a smack on his bare shoulder and you don't know whether to find the giggle he lets out cute or simply infuriating with the way his question is making your ears turn red.

"Let's start with getting married first. I refuse to have a kid on Christmas anyways."

He tells you that he's not sure you have much say in when your future baby will be born, to which you scoff and turn away from him to once again rest against his chest.

Once silence settles between you, save from the Christmas playlist still streaming in the background, you settle into the bliss of Jongin leaving kisses along your naked shoulder with gentle hands caressing the softness of your arms then breasts. His touches leave goosebumps in their wake, despite the warm water, making you sigh contently with the feeling. The bubbles are slowly withering away and the water is turning lukewarm. Fingertips are turning wrinkly due to their time spent underwater, yet you find yourself not caring. Not with Jongin's very distracting kisses. You reach over to the stool placed by the bathtub and grab hold of the half-empty glass of champagne and take a sip. Swirling the liquid around, causing some of it to spill over, you find your thoughts drifting to what life as Kim Jongin's wife might have in store. Being honest to yourself and your expectations, you think it might not turn out to be much different from the life the two of you share now. There's a warm kind of comfort in that. Once again, your gaze shifts to the ring on your finger and find that while the sensation of having a ring occupying the usually left empty finger is a new one, it oddly enough feels like it has always been meant to be there. Although that, in all honestly, has everything to do with the man being the one putting the ring on in the first place.

"What are you thinking about?" Jongin's soft voice breaks you out of your trance and you snuggle your head into chest.

"Hmm, you and us," you hum out.

"You feeling alright? Not regretting accepting my proposal I hope," he answers and takes the champagne glass from you, putting it back in its place on the stool.

There's an immediate shake of your head at his inquiry, looking up at him from your position against his chest. "Quite the opposite actually," you tell him matter of factly with a laugh. "Feeling very lucky to have snatched you away from everyone else."

"I've only ever had eyes for you darling." Jongin flashes a brilliant smile while telling you this and despite how cute he is, your eyes roll, but your lips break out into a smile of your own nonetheless.

The two of you stay in the cramped bathtub for a while longer, not sure exactly how much time has been spent in each other's embrace. Jongin wraps you in your fuzzy robe like a present and gives a peck on your nose as a finishing touch before grabbing his own from its place on the wall. With Mariah Carey coming on shuffle, a stark contrast to the previously slow tunes, your dancer to the bone fiancé inevitably starts to sway his body to the melody. The bear ears on the hood of his robe flop with his movements and you're sure that if this is what your married life will be like, then you wouldn't want it any other way.

tumblr: jenmyeons