exile.

it was over. you both weren't happy. you worked at the local coffee shop downtown for the past few months, as an easy side job when you weren't at school.

i think i've seen this film before, and i didn't like the ending.

the relationship had been rocky the whole time, only this time around karissa finally agreed with you.

"there's someone else." she murmured, on that cold fall day, sitting in the living room.

"oh. okay." those were the only words you said to her. you got up from the couch, and packed your things.

"morgan. please! don't go! talk to me! say something. please anything."

"you don't love me anymore. you never have. i'll always be your last resort." you say, eyes watering.

once you moved on, it took a while to get used to your new apartment. your lonely apartment.

the house that was once filled with laughter and love was no longer.

there were times you did miss her, but soon realized that she never loved you.

your not my homeland anymore, so what am i defending now?

you were finally free of her toxicity, and you've never felt better. that was, until, she walked into the coffee shop. she stood a few feet away from the counter, staring at the menu above. you were still working your shift, and you had to take her order. fuck.

she approached the register with her small purse, different from the one you bought her for christmas.

you plastered a fake smile across your face, before turning around and facing her.

"what can i get for you today?"

"hmmm.."

"ma'am you need to hurry up." you say, rolling your eyes.

"okay fine! i'll get a large iced caramel macchiato with an extra shot."

"that'll be $5.20"

"no. it's $3 for a large macchiato, and an extra buck for an extra shot."

"there's asshole tax too. just kidding!! i'm trying to be funny, because you said that i was never happy or upbeat, so here's me, trying to be 'upbeat', all for you karissa."

"just give me my goddamn coffee."

you slide the coffee down the counter, spilling most of its contents.

"oops."

you were my town, now i'm in exile seein' you out. i think i've seen this film before.

she stormed out the side of the cafe, pissed off at the world.

yeah fuck you too, you thought. 

a/n: my first ever time writing a part based off a song!! enjoy lovelies!