relapse. (tw, alt.)

a/n: an alternate version of this chapter! enjoy loves!
she wanted it to end, for you to come in and hold her. to make her stop crying. for you to numb the pain like you had all those times before. but you couldn't. it was another drunken fight, and she wanted to stop drinking, but something about the comfort of the bottle, or the liquor inside, was addicting. with slurred speech she told you to get out, so you did. you gathered yourself, and drove off.

karissa sat on the bathroom floor, with her sleeves rolled up and a razor blade in her hands. she had cut herself before, but this time she actually hurt. she needed the ache to stop.

her blood poured out from her forearms onto the white tile floor. she sobbed her hands shook, making a ragged cut. she sat in a small pool of her own blood, and reached up to the sink and grabbed a towel. she compressed the cuts with the towel, so her blood soaked the towel.

she tried to calm herself down, like you said when she would have panic attacks. that didn't work. she needed more. she needed you.

karissa's eyes were puffy and red. you knocked at the door, hoping to come inside. when she didn't answer the door, you used the key to unlock the door.

"karissa? can we talk?" you yell, into an empty house.

"karissa? come on, your car's here so i know you're home."

fuck. fuck. fuck. karissa thinks to herself, trying to stop the bleeding, all while cleaning up the bathroom floor, as she hears you.

"okay, let's play hide and seek then." you say, walking upstairs. you go down the hall, into the bedroom. no one's there. but the bathroom door is shut. "karissa? are you in here?" you ask, knocking on the door.

"y-yeah i-i'm uh i'm in here." she says, shaking.

"hey, are you alright?"

"y-yeah, i'm fine."

"no karissa, im coming in. okay? im coming in."

karissa sighs. "the door's unlocked."

you open the door, and run inside by karissa's side. "oh baby. my beautiful girl. i'm here. i'm right here okay? i'm not leaving." you say, tears forming in your eyes. "let's clean you up. let's stand up, okay?"

she nods, sobbing into your sleeve. "i'm sorry."

you sit karissa on top of the counter, and clean her cuts with a damp cloth. "don't apologize. don't you ever apologize. but, may i ask why, my love?"

she sniffles. "y-yeah, i um, i missed you, and we were fighting and i wanted you to come home, but i ruined everything. i need help, i think. you can't be with somebody who needs help."

"oh karissa, no honey. you didn't ruin anything. i'm right here. see look, i'm not leaving. now let's get you into bed, hm? we can calm down, and maybe take a nap?"

"that'd be nice. i-i'd like that." she says, smiling.

you wipe the tears from karissa's face away with your thumbs, and hug her.

"i'm sorry morgan." she sobs, wrapping her arms delicately around you.

"shh mi amor, te amo. no me voy, ¿vale? hasta que la muerte nos separe." (translates to "shh my love, i love you. i'm not leaving, okay? till death do us part.")

"si, te amo." karissa whispers.

you pick her up, and carry her into the next room.

"here, i'll give you one of mine." you say, taking off karissa's shirt.

"can i have a hoodie?"

"yeah." you pass karissa a navy blue grey-sloan hoodie, and she puts it on. when karissa is all changed, and in dry clothes, you change yourself, and get into bed with your wife.

she lays on your chest, as she softly cries.

"don't cry, mi amor." you say, running your fingers through her hair.

"i'm trying not to. i just feel bad. it feels like you always have to pick up after me, or take care of me."

"no, karissa. don't you think that. don't you ever think that. i'm here for a reason."

"i know, i just, i'm sorry for yelling, and i'm sorry for drinking too much."

"it's okay, honey."

"no it's not. i need to stop drinking, and i need to be there for you. i need to step up, and do more for you, for us. you're my wife, you deserve my full attention and support. you won't get that if i'm drunk off my ass. so i'll quit, cold turkey."

"i-thank you. it's not good for your liver anyway."

"i know. i'm gonna stop. i promise."

"gracias, hermosa." (thank you beautiful)

karissa smiles. "i love when you speak spanish."

"¿tú haces?" (you do?)

"si, mi amor. desearía ser tan fluida como tú. (yes, my love. i wish i was as fluent as you are.)

"you just gotta practice. like, ask me to say something."

"okay uh, what do you want for dinner?"

"alright, so that would be ¿qué quieres para cenar?"

"that's so cool. i can speak a little bit, but that's only because you taught me. i'm better at sign language."

"yeah, you're actually very good at signing. but for dinner, that's up to you."

"can we make pancakes?"

you laugh, "pancakes?"

"yes. pancakes."

"okay, pancakes it is, my love."

"yayyy."

"are you hungry now?"

"kinda."

"okay, let's go make pancakes."

karissa smiles, as she gets up from your chest. you and karissa make pancakes together, and go back to bed. karissa falls asleep, in the comfort of your arms.

her cuts healed fast, and you made sure that she was okay, everyday. she got annoyed with your "nagging" as she called it, but was so happy that you were home.

a/n: i hope you all enjoyed this short, rushed chapter!! i love you all!! (holy shit i started and finished this chapter today)