Chapter 2

"Oh my god I tossed and turned all night last night it was unbearable" I said to Lottie taking a sip of water and massaging my temples.

"Well I slept like a log" she said to me as she at a piece of strawberry out of her fruit salad. "Tossing and turning think about a certain someone" Lottie said smirking.

I short her a small smile. "Do we know if El made it back?"

"I think so. She never texted the group chat. I'm sure she's fine" Lottie said shrugging her shoulders piling more fruit onto her fork and shovelling it in her mouth.

I snorted before checking the time on my phone. "Speak of the devil. El just texted. Said she spent the night at his place" I said raising an eyebrow.

"Saucy" Lottie said giggling. "What have you got planned for today? Anything good?"

"Nah. I think I'll take my laptop to one of the local parks and do a bit of work on my presentation for tomorrow. You?" I asked slinking lower into my chair.

"I'm going to head into the office. One of the associates wants to catch up for coffee. I regrettably said yes" she said sighing.

"Yikes. Wouldn't want to be you" I said chuckling.

"Wanna trade?"

"No thanks"

"Damn" she said finishing her last mouthful. "I gotta run but I'll catch you this arvo?" She said grabbing her coat and bag.

I nodded and pushed my chair out standing up smoothing out my jeans. I tucked my chair in and waved good bye to Lottie. I looked at my watch. 8.30am. I grabbed my jacket and headed back toward the elevator. I took the elevator up to my floor and walked into my room. I grabbed my laptop and chucked it and my charger into a laptop bag. I stared looking at the hotel desk wondering if there was anything I was missing. I stood there for a while before deciding it didn't matter and I could come back to it later.

I walked out locking the door behind me and waited for the elevator at the end of the hall. The elevator dinged and the doors eventually opened and shock brought me back into the world startled by the man in the elevator. Carlos. Could it be fate that we were running into each other so much I asked myself gracefully tucking a some hair behind my ear.

Well obviously not it's literally a coincidence considering you're staying in the same hotel dumbo I thought to myself.

"Hello again" he said breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Hello" I awkwardly said clutching on to my laptop tighter and tighter.

He turned to me leaning against the railing of the elevator. His white button up shirt effortlessly hugging his torso. The sleeves pushed up revealing tanned and hairy forearms. Black jeans so tight they could pop at any minute. Christ. "So listen I was just wondering if maybe" he said before the elevator dinged and the doors opened.

A family of 4 walked in and he stood tall and smiled at them.

"Hey I know you" the father said. "You're Carlos Sainz. Wow can we grab a photo?" He asked grabbing his phone and switching the camera on. I raised an eyebrow as the cogs in my brain turned over.

Carlos nodded politely and smiled for a photo.

The elevator doors dinged once more and we were in the lobby. The family exiting first beaming about the photo. Me second puzzled and trying to connect the pieces. Carlos last.

I turned round to him "what did you want to ask me sorry?" I said still trying to let the cogs in my brain turn.

"Oh I just wanted to know if you wanted to grab a drink sometime" he smiled.