Chapter 41

"Hey Stinks" Harry said smiling into the camera, his whole face covering my phone screen now.

"Hey Harry" I said smiling back him.

"How are you?" He asked moving the screen back revealing the back board of his bed.

"I'm good I'm doing really good" I beamed leaning back in my chair "how are you?"

"I'm doing good. I'm doing good" he smiled "hey you remember Holly?"

"Yeah, how's she doing?"

"She's good. I wanted to tell you we are officially dating now"

"Oh wow Harry that's great" I said getting excited "when did you make it official?"

"Just yesterday. I haven't told mum and dad yet"

"Why not?"

"I will I will but I wanted to also have a family dinner kind of thing"

"Oh yeah. When are you thinking?"

"When you get back. Which by the way when is that? You need to send me your details so I can pick you up from the airport"

"I will I will. I think I fly out next weekend on like Saturday or something. I'll send you the details" I said laughing.

"Anyway this will be exciting. Family dinner with Holly"

"You think they'll like her?"

"Of course they will. I mean I've only met her like 4 times but each time I met her I really liked her" I said shrugging.

Harry laughed shaking his head.

We continued our chat for a while. I was checking the time intermittently. Carlos would be calling any minute to explain his text about this news reporter. Our conversation eventually came to a close and I said good bye to Harry. As soon as I hung up Carlos' name appeared on my screen.

"Carlos" I said breathing out and running a hand through my hair.

"Hey Saffy" he said smiling down at me.

"Care to explain?" I said, an unimpressed look gracing my face.

"I don't know if I can really" he said looking at me with a sad look.

"Who was it and how did they find out?" I said getting slightly desperate.

"I don't know Saf he was just some media guy. He said someone saw me looking at the picture. I said he was full of shit and had the wrong information"

"Carlos you can't be looking at that photo in public. Do it privately" I said pinching the bridge of my nose.

"It was one time Saf one time I slipped up. It's going to be okay" he said trying to hush me.

I sighed "okay. Okay it's fine"

"They asked about you as well" Carlos said as a smile crept onto his face.

"And?"

"I said I didn't want to talk about my personal life"

"Good good good" I said giving him a thumbs up "I almost told me brother today" I said sighing.

"Why?"

"Because" I paused "I don't know. It's hard keeping it just between us. Sometimes I just want to talk about it out loud" I shrugged.

Carlos shot me a confused look before shaking his head and laughing. "Hey look so I wanted to tell you something"

"What's that?"

"I want to come to Australia to see you" he said smiling.

I looked at him, mouth agape and stunned. Silence left my mouth.

"Saf?" He asked "you okay?"

"You want to do that?" I said quietly.

"Yes. I really do. I really want to see you again" he said a hopeful smile presenting.

"Are you sure?" I asked hesitantly.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be sure?"

"Well it's not so easy trusting you after last time"

"You have a point but no Saff I want to see you and just be with you"

"Okay" I said nervously before smiling "it sounds nice" I said smiling and nodding.

"Good" he said with a warm smile "it's my turn to do the travelling aye"

"It's about time" I said laughing. "So when are you coming?"

"I'm thinking after the race in Qatar. So about a month from now" he said.

I checked me calendar "that sounds good. I think I'll be able to take some time off. How long are you coming for?"

"I was thinking just over a week?"

I nodded and smiled "what did you want to do whilst you're in Aus?"

"Whatever you want to do Saff"

"I'll send you a few ideas and you can let me know?"

"Yeah sure I'm fine with that. As long as I'm with you" he smiled.

I was so excited that Carlos was coming to see me and finally in my part of the world! No travelling for me, no stress, nothing annoying. I was happy.

Carlos and I brainstormed what he wanted to do whilst he was in Australia and we decided on a nice little getaway in either Maleny or Monteville. I was hoping that the weather would be both rainy and sunny so that Carlos could enjoy two types of holidays whilst he was here. An off the grid relaxing holiday and a classic beach holiday.

Carlos asked me to look at some hotels and let him know when I found one. He was insistent on paying for everything or as much as he could whilst he was overseas to make it up to me. We decided that we would try and pay for everything when he got here and in reality that would be me forcing him to go at least 50 50 with me.

I now had something else to look forward to once I returned home. I couldn't wait!