Chapter 30

I woke up to my alarm blasting in my ear. I turned it off, rolled over and closed my mouth wiping the drool that had escaped last night. I squinted opening my eyes rubbing one and slowly getting up. I looked around the room feeling completely disoriented when I realised that I had in fact woke up in a foreign country.

I checked my phone. 11am. I yawned before checking my messages and trudging toward the bathroom. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. My usually styled pixie cut was sticking up in all sorts of directions, my raccoon eyes were really showing off. Ugh I thought to myself as I sat on the loo letting go of the 15 hours of urine I had built up.

As I scrolled through my notifications Lewis started calling. I kind of just stared at my phone still in my morning daze but begrudgingly answered.

"Hello?"

"Are you just waking up?" Lewis answered laughing

"Huh? Oh uh yeah. Mate I just flew half way across the world to get here" I said rubbing my eye

"We're still on for lunch yeah?"

"Yeah yeah yeah. What time again?"

"In an hour. If you're gonna be ready in time"

"What time is it now?"

"11.15am"

"Yeah I can make it" I said groggily.

Lewis laughed before hanging up. I texted him my address as requested and finished up on the toot. I washed my hands and started brushing my teeth getting ready for the day. I jumped in the shower and turned it to cold so as to wake myself up.

After having one of the coldest showers of my life and possibly giving myself hypothermia I dried off and began my after shower ritual of moisturising. I put in a full face of makeup so as to hide the jetlaggedness. I styled my hair and then picked an outfit for the occasion. I decided on my tartan suit pants, a tight black singlet and matching tartan jacket. I completed the look with some strappy heels that were going to be comfortable walking in. 

I checked myself out in the mirror and was actually pretty impressed with the look I pulled together considering my state. Honestly with the way I was carrying on you'd think I'd have traveled days to bloody be here. The only thing I couldn't figure is how I was so fucking tired now but when I last visited Carlos in which I traveled for longer I wasn't as bad as I was now.

I shrugged before dousing myself in perfume and grabbing my bag heading out of the apartment. I headed down to the lobby and waited on the couch for Lewis to arrive. He texted me moments later and told me to walk outside where he was sitting in his car outside. I smiled and waved before opening the door and climbing into the luxury Mercedes.

"Hey mate" I said smiling turning to him giving him a quick hug.

"Hey Saf you're looking fantastic" he said giving me a quick squares before heading away from the hotel and off to lunch.

We exchanged pleasantries and Lewis pointed out various places around talking none sense about each. We eventually arrived at a little restaurant in the heart of the city of London called OXO Tower Restaurant, Bar and Brasserie. Lewis parked and we headed out toward the restaurant.

We were met by the hostess who showed us to a table outside on the terrace overlooking the river. Thankfully it was a beautiful day outside so we were seating in a sunny area. I took my jacket off and leant it on the back of the chair with my bag before crossing my legs and leaning back.

I closed my eyes and let out a long breath out soaking up as much of the fresh air as I could. I pulled my sunnies out of my bag and put them on looking around at the view. As I was taking in the view Lewis eagerly scanned the drinks menu ordering us 2 Apperol Spritz to start. I also ordered a coke to which I was met with an intrigued look from Lewis.