Chapter 42

After a very long and delayed flight I was finally back home. I met Harry at the gate and engulfed him in a big hug.

"Hey Saf" he said squeezing me tight.

"I missed you" I said squeezing him back.

"How was your flight?"

"So freaking long it wasn't funny" I said sighing.

"Let's get you home" he said laughing and patting my head.

He took my suitcase from me and rolled it towards the car. We jumped in and I slumped into the seat of Harry's car breathing in deep and then out again. We chatted on the drive back to my apartment and eventually arrived. Harry parked up out front in the visitors car park and then helped me up to my apartment.

He pulled out his phone and ordered Thai food before kicking off his shoes and plonking himself on the couch. He flicked on the tv whilst I wheeled my bag towards my wardrobe and set it down.

"Hey Saf your phone is ringing" Harry said flicking through the channels "you want me to answer it?"

"Uh who is it?" I asked unzipping my bag and rummaging through to find my toiletries.

"Uh it says it's uh Carlos?" He asked questioning me.

My eyes widened "I uh" I stuttered slamming my bag closed and grabbing my phone.

"Hello?" I answered running outside.

"Saf are you okay what's wrong?" Carlos asked with concern lacing his voice.

"Nothing I'll call you back later is that okay? My brother is here and he doesn't know" I said biting my thumb nail and turning to look inside to Harry who was now standing at the glass door , arms crossed.

"Oh okay. You can tell him"

"Well I don't have a choice now" I said before hanging up.

I opened the door and shuffled in.

"Heeey" I said trailing off rubbing my arm.

"Who is Carlos?" Harry asked raising an eyebrow.

"He is uh" I said before we were interrupted by the apartment phone.

"I'll get it" Harry said grabbing my arm to keep me from getting it.

It was the Thai delivery guy. Harry went downstairs to grab it.

Carlos: sorry about calling.

Saf: it's okay. I'll tell him. He'll be okay with it. I'm not going to tell him about us previously though.

Carlos: okay. I'll call you later. Except probably best you let me know when you can talk.

I turned off my phone and wandered over to Harry who put the food on the table. He walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a couple plates and spoons and wandered back over to the table.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked taking a seat as he dished up food for himself.

"No Saf. Sorry I'm just being an over protective big brother" he said frowning.

If only you knew what had happened Harry.

"Harry I'm sorry I didn't say anything it's just" I sighed running a hand through my hair "we are trying to keep it on the down low".

"Why's that?" He asked taking a mouthful of food.

I sighed "His name is Carlos Sainz Jr. He drives for Ferrari in the Formula 1. We met in Melbourne and then uh and then we kinda lost touch and then we reconnected when I went to London" I said awkwardly smiling.