Chapter 47

After 2 hours of driving we finally made it to Monteville on the Sunny Coast where Carlos and I would be staying for the next 3 days. Our time in Monteville and venturing out to Maleny would hopefully be a mixture of both sunny and rainy weather. I was more hoping for the rainy weather so that we could stay in with the comforts of the fire place and rainforest outside but also if it was sunny I wouldn't mind that either.

As we drove around the area to get to our hotel, I noticed Carlos's eyes glued to the windows taking into the beautiful view around us. We drove through the small town decorated with small shops to a windy dirt road. We drove slowly down, trees covering the sides of road shading the way. We made it to the end and I parked my car and jumped out immediately stretching my back.

I lifted my sunnies off my my face and placed them on my head 'that looks like reception' I said pointing over to a small building surrounded by trees.

I locked the car and we wandered in to the cozy little space. It was dark inside but was decorated with yellow lights creating some sort of mood lighting. We wandered up to the desk and rang the bell looking around. After a minute two large barn doors opened and small woman in her 30's with long black hair greeted us with a warm smile.

"Good morning how are we?" She asked softly closing the doors behind her and heading toward the iPad.

"Morning" Carlos smiled.

"Checking in?" She asked.

"Yes" I said smiling and nodding.

As I provided various bits of information to confirm our booking we eventually got checked in. Carlos paid for the 3 days insisting he wanted to treat me. I let it go and put my purse back in my bag.

"Here are your keys. There's firewood outside the door to the left as well as fire starters, newspapers. If you need anything please let either myself or my husband know and we will be happy to assist. Just pop back in here and ring the bell" she smiled handing over the keys.

"Thank you so much" I said taking the keys.

She smiled before disappearing behind the barn doors again.  I turned to Carlos and we wandered out back towards the car to grab our bags. Carlos grabbed both our suitcases and insisted on carrying them so that I wouldn't as he put it have to lift a finger. Carlos was all about making sure that this weekend I was being treated like a princess. And whilst I didn't mind I did feel kind of bad.

We found our cabin and unlocked the door. The room was warm, the fire crackling away in the back, light meditation music quietly playing in the background.

"Oh. My. God" I said dropping my handbag to the floor.

"Beautiful Saf" Carlos said slowly lowering our suitcases down.

I wandered around the small cabin, fireplace in the corner, a large kingsize bed, a very large spa bath with bath salts and bubbles, beautiful big bathroom with a shower that was huge.

"This is stunning" I said to Carlos clapping.

"Good pick amore" he said laughing.

"So what did you want to do?" I asked standing near the bed hands on my hips.

"There was that cute town we passed. I'd like to stop and have a look" he said looking at me hopeful.

I nodded and smiled "that sounds good. I just need to pee and then we can go".

He nodded and carried the suitcases over to the bedroom whilst I went and used the loo. By the time I was out he was sitting on the couch looking at his phone confused.