Chapter 10

After a very steamy shower I threw on my clothes and headed out of Carlos's room and down to mine to get changed. I let Carlos know I would meet him in the paddock later so as to miss the cameras. I opted for a full face of makeup and added some waterfall waves to my hair. I rifled through my suitcase and decided on a brown corduroy skirt, a black t-shirt and my black leather knee high boots. I grabbed my jacket and bag and headed out of my room towards the nearest tram station.

I got on the 16 and headed straight for Albert Park Gate 1. The tram was busier than I'd ever seen it, people everywhere repping their favourite merch. I really could only see 3 teams, Redbull, McLaren and Ferrari. As I people watched and studied the behaviour around me I made it to Albert park and followed the herd of people.

I made it to the gate and security scanned my pass. I tried to remember Penelope's directions from yesterday and started to aimlessly wander around trying to find the paddock. It was hopeless and I wound up wandering further away. I eventually and thankfully ended up seeing Lewis and decided to follow him at a distance toward the paddock. As I tried my best not to be creepy as fuck Lewis ended up catching me not so discreetly staring. He stopped and kind of squinted at me cocking his head to the side like a little puppy intently listening.

"Saffy?" He called out offering a small wave.

I tried to act surprised pulling down my sunglasses. "Lewis" I said waving and wandering over "how are you?"

"Good good. What are you doing out here?" He chuckled.

"Well I can tell you what I'm not doing and that is not getting lost out here" I said awkwardly chuckling and tucking a bit of hair behind my ear.

He laughed "do you need help getting to the paddock?" He asked.

"...no" I said stubbornly.

"Okay. We'll see you in there then" he said and started to turn away and leave.

"Wait!" I said.

He stopped, turn around and smiled and ushered for me to follow. We wandered over to the paddock and I had realised I had walked past it twice when trying to find it. I felt so stupid. We walked to the paddock and showed our passes to security. As we wandered through I found Carlos sitting with a bunch of the other boys and wags.

I walked over with Lewis and Carlos immediately stood up and gave me a hug, a small but gentle kiss on the cheek per usual. "I see you came in with Lewis"

"Yes but that's not because I got lost" I scoffed.

"She got lost" Lewis said smiling at Carlos.

"Mi Amore how you get lost if you come from gate 1?" He laughed.

Lewis shrugged chuckling and walking off.

My face turned red out of embarrassment.

"Are you excited for the race?" I asked turning to look at him.

"A mixture of excitement and nerves"

"You're going to do great" I said placing my hands on his chest.

He gave me a half hug and led me over to the Ferrari garage.

"You're welcome to watch in here Mi Amore but there may be cameras and reporters".

"I'll suss it out and see how I go" I said looking around. There were cameras filming and we were definitely in the background. I turned so my back was towards them and opting to keep a low profile I put my sunglasses and jacket on to cover up something at least.

"Okay I'm going to go get ready. I'll be looking for you Mi Amore. Make sure you're back here in the garage once the race is over yes?"

"Uh huh" I said nodding.