Chapter 58

"Thanks for coming to get me Lew" I said slinking down in the black leather seat of his Mercedes.

"My pleasure" he said with his signature smile.

He started the engine and it roared as he rolled down the London streets back towards his house. I stared out the window looking at the houses pass by before we eventually made it back to Lewis's.

"Oh yeah someone dropped something off for you" Lewis said parking up and getting out of the car.

"What?" I asked grabbing my bag out of the car before closing the door behind me.

"Yeah delivery guy came by at lunch. I left it on the table" he said opening the door and letting me through.

I dropped my stuff on one of the chairs at the dining table before looking down the other end and seeing a large beautiful bouquet of native Australian flowers. It was stunning and reminded me of the time Carlos and I had spent at the Sunshine Coast in the Hinterlands. I walked towards the bouquet and picked up the note attached to it.

To my dear Princesa,

I'm sorry I couldn't be there with you to celebrate your first day of work and I'm sorry I haven't been there through your career advances. You make me proud every single day and I'm so lucky that you're mine.

Consider the flowers a small token of my love toward you and consider the small box that came with these flowers a big token of my love for you.

I love you Hermoso,

Carlos x

My eyes were filled with tears and I held the note close to my chest. I let a few of my tears fall and drop on the table. I quickly wiped them away before moving to the small box. I took a deep breath and opened it to reveal a gorgeous gold fine chain necklace. I just kind of stared at and could really believe that he had bought me this. It was stunning.

"Do you like it?" Lewis asked from in the kitchen. I wasn't exactly how long he had being staring for but I think it was long enough to see my short emotional break down.

I turned to him nodding my head "it's beautiful".

"Carlos was really upset. Called me and told me he was sad he couldn't be here. I gave him my address and next thing I know some delivery guy rocks up with these" he said laughing shaking his head "he said he would give you a call later this evening after dinner".

I just kept nodding and smiling.

"You can wear your new necklace for dinner" he said taking a sip of water from his glass leaning against the bench.

"Okay give me 10 minutes to change" I said smiling wiping my tears.

I quickly ran back to my room and got changed. I sprayed some more deodorant and perfume before grabbing my coat and heading back out to the dining table to grab my bag.

"I just want you to know that my dinner is really awesome" Lewis said grabbing his phone.

"What?" I asked hiding a laugh.

"Dinner is going to be really good and you're going to love it" Lewis said defensively.

"Lewis I am sure that whatever you have booked will be lovely" I said laughing squeezing his arm.

"Okay well you know I just wanted you to know" he said wandering towards the car.

I rolled my eyes laughing at him shaking my head.

_ _ _

"Thank you for dinner Lewis" I said kicking my shoes off.

"Are you sure it was okay?" He asked rubbing his hand on the back of his neck.

"Yes for the last time it was good" I said laughing "I'm going to head to bed. I'll see you tomorrow" I said laughing giving him a hug.

I wandered down the hall into my room and fell back against the bed. I was exhausted. Learning and first day nerves had really gotten to me. I was staring up at the ceiling watching the ceiling fan slowly rotate around when my phone started ringing. It was a FaceTime call from Carlos.

I quickly answered the call flopping onto my belly watching Carlos's face illuminate the screen "Hola Princesa" he said as I watched his beautiful face grace my screen.

He was still so gorgeous and I couldn't wait for the race season to be over so I could run my fingers through that damn luscious hair. I wanted to badly to knit my fingers through it. To watch him under me writhe with pleasure. I wanted to feel his hands all over. I wanted him so badly but yet he was so far away.

"Saf?" He asked clicking away.

"What?" I asked snapping out of my daydream.

"I asked how your first day was amore"

"Oh it was good" I said chuckling.

It would be better if you were here with me I thought.

"I made a new friend which is good and everyone is really lovely and my schedule to become qualified isn't going to take as long as I thought" I said smiling at him.

"Buuut?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"But what?" I asked curiously.

"I can see there's something you're disappointed about" he said analysing my face.

I sighed "well I just found that there doesn't seem that there's any women in any high positions and it seems like if you are a women then people just talk shit about you" I said frowning.

"Well that's not exciting" he said replicating my frown.

"No it's awful. I want to change that but I don't know how" I said pouting.

"You can do it amore. Just keep your head up. You're capable of amazing things" he said smiling.

I smiled laughing "anyway how are you cariño?"

"I am good I am good. 2 more weeks and then I am done racing for the year. I'm looking pretty good at the moment, sitting in 4th" he said smiling.

"And how's your family?"

"They're good. They're good. My dads birthday extravaganza is tomorrow so that should be fun"

"I'm sorry I couldn't be there with you"

"It's okay amore, I am proud of you for wanting to establish yourself and my family understand" he said smiling.

"Thank you for being supportive" I said smiling.

We stared at each other for a few moments.

"You know" I said trailing off.

"What's that?" Carlos said smirking.

"I've been really missing you lately" I said pouting.

"Oh yeah?"

I nodded my head slowly.

"You had no idea how badly I want you amore" Carlos growled getting hungrier by the minute.

"How bad?"

"I think about you every day. It's getting hard and harder to control myself. You're in trouble when I seem you mi amore"  

My knees became weak at his sentence. God I couldn't wait for these 2 weeks to be over.