Chapter 19

Carlos and I had spent a beautiful week together. He treated me so well always making sure I was taken care of, feeding me, making sure I had things to do. It was absolutely amazing.

This morning I had woken up early and on purpose can you believe! It was my turn to treat Carlos and show him how much I appreciated him welcoming me into his home and catering to me.

I quietly skulked out of the bedroom and made my way into the kitchen.  I rifled through the pantry trying to find ingredients I could put together to make something edible. I managed to scrounge up things for cinnamon toast. It wasn't much but it would do. The effort was there.

I set the table and laid out the cinnamon toast, some cut up fruit and orange juice that I found in the fridge. I then wandered back into the bedroom and found Carlos sleeping peacefully. He was most cute when he was sleeping and sometimes he even made cute little noises. I assumed this was when he was dreaming.

I softly nudged him. It didn't work. I poked his arm a couple of times and that didn't work either. I then sort of rocked him side to side rather quickly and that seemed to do the trick.

Hi smiled rubbing his eyes "morning Amore".

"Come see" I said excitably and ushering him to follow me.

He groaned before sliding out of bed and wandering to the dining table. He blinked a couple of times before grinning like a little kid. "You do this for me Amore?"

"Uh huh" I said nodding and clapping my hands together.

He walked over to me and wrapped me up in a hug kissing the top of my head. He then took a seat and tucked into brekky.

We finished up and put the plates in the sink. We headed back into the bedroom and got ready for the race. Carlos repoed his Ferrari top and a pair of jeans. He threw on his cap and white sneakers. I opted for a pair of black baker pants, tight white t-shirt and white Stan smiths.

We got to the paddock and Carlos took me around to the garage where Charles was sitting on his phone.

"Hey Saf" he said smiling looking up at me.

"Hey Charlie" I said smiling offering a wave "excited for today?"

He shrugged his shoulders "as ready as I'll ever be".

I laughed and shook my head turning to see Carlos talking to the engineers. I turned back to Charles showing me something on his phone. We chatted for a bit before the boys had to go off and do PR.

I wandered out of the Ferrari garage and headed back aimlessly wandering before bumping into Lewis. We stopped and chat for a while before George dragged him back to the Mercedes garage to get ready for the race.

I headed back to the Ferrari garage and took a seat near the screens. Carlos came out in his race suit, eyes scanning the room desperately trying to find mine. I waved over to him pushing out my chair and standing. He quickly walked over and planted a kiss on my lips.

"Good luck baby" I whispered into his head before quickly kissing him on the lips cupping his face in my hands.

I squeezed his bicep before he left to get ready for the race.

_ _ _

"It wasn't the race outcome that we wanted but we are just happy that we were able to get some points" Carlos said smiling before wandering off.

I took off the bulky head phones and laid them on the table. I pulled out my phone and scrolled a bit before Carlos wandered over, his race suit slung around his hips.

"Good job baby" I said as he wandered over and slumped down in the seat next to me.

"Eh I could have done better"

"At least you got points"

"This is true" he said looking over at me.

I planted a kiss on his lips "you did great".

"Hey Charlie" I said as he wandered in and took a seat.

"Hey Saffy"

"You seem a bit glum"

"Well I didn't really race as well as I wanted today"

"At lease you're not last" I said shrugging my shoulders.

He laughed through his nose smiling at me.

We chatted for a bit before the boys headed back to do the drivers de brief. Carlos had given me his key to his apartment and I took an Uber back.

I changed into some more comfortable clothes and headed to the kitchen rummaging through the cupboards to find something to make for dinner. I managed to find a couple of things but opted to wait until Carlos got back to gauge his opinion on what he felt like.

I wandered over to the couch and lay down scrolling on my phone before falling asleep. I ended up being woken up by Carlos's lips on my forehead.

I yawned "sorry I feel asleep".

"It's okay Amore" he laughed. He peppered a few more kisses on my face before sitting down on the floor next to me.

We chatted for a couple of hours before deciding on making dinner together.

After we finished dinner we settled in for the night and opted to watch movies together in bed. It really was the perfect ending to the night.

But of course, the looming thought of my return home lingered in the air.