Chapter 13

In the weeks leading up to my flight I was feeling nervous, i couldn't shake this weird feeling in my stomach. It had been a week since our last awkward conversation. We hadn't really spoken over the phone much as he was busy either racing, travelling or doing PR, but tonight was an exception. He had texted me earlier in the morning and said he wanted to FaceTime. I was more than obliging. I was dying to see him.

I checked the time, it would be about 4.35am in Miami, probably too early for Carlos to be awake. I decided to eat some dinner and have a shower before he called. That should waste some time I thought.

As I was making dinner I turned on Stan and chucked on the Inbetweeners. Although I'd already seen the series about 50 times it never got old. It was a comfort show, just something I liked to have on in the background whilst I was pottering around doing other stuff.

Once dinner was done and I was quite satisfied, I loaded the dishwasher and cleaned up the kitchen, not that there was really much to clean up considering the kitchen was like 6.5 feet long. After dinner was done I headed in for a shower. I decided to chuck on a push-up bra, tank top and some Nike trackies. Instead of washing my face I opted to just refresh my makeup so it didn't look like I wasn't putting any effort in.

By the time I was done I checked the time, 6.35am. I wasn't sure if it was still early so I texted Carlos and asked when was convenient to call. He texted back almost immediately and let me know he was jumping in the shower and then he would be able to FaceTime. I decided to be cheeky and texted back that I wish I was there and could join. He sent me back some winky emojis and said 'me too'. I smiled and anxiously waited for him to be done so I could see his face again.

My phone rang out and I immediately picked up.

"Good evening Mi Amore" Carlos exclaimed practically beaming through the phone.

I smiled. I was so pleased he was finally in a good mood "good morning Carlos. How did you sleep?"

"It was okay, the bed isn't great but the hotel is nice and comfortable. How are you Mi Amore?"

"I'm good I'm good. A little tired. I've had to work a couple of last nights this week but it's okay. I'll survive" I said chuckling.

"Hey Mi Amore I forgot to tell you last week. I want you to cancel your hotel booking. You're going to stay with me whilst you are in Spain".

I was shocked. I hadn't asked him if he wanted me to stay and I wasn't really sure what the protocol was but I'm glad it was this one. This really was a surprise in his behaviour than all the last times we had spoken.

"Uh sure, I'll do it now" I said not being able to contain my excitement.

"Excellent. I'm also going to pick you up from the airport too. Are you okay with that? No doubt there will be cameras and fans"

I was about to respond before pausing. I thought about it, they wouldn't know my name, just my face. His friends and family already know about me.

"Is it okay Mi Amore?" He asked, a concerned look growing on his face.

I nodded "yes that sounds lovely. I guess they won't know my name so it's just photos".

Even if my name did get leaked, it would be okay. I was private on every single social media and the only place you could find my face is if you looked on our company website but that's if you knew my name.

"Lovely Mi Amore. I am so excited for you to be here! I have so much planned for us".

Us.

So much planned for us.

The bad feeling I had quickly subsided and I was no longer feeling nervous about my trip now knowing that he was excited to see me.

We spent hours on FaceTime, me trying to get answers out of him of what he had planned and him desperately trying not to spill any information.

It was around 10am Miami time and Carlos needed to go. More PR and meetings. I was sad to see him go but was thankful we had this time together. He blew a kiss as he said good bye and hung up.

I was elated now that I knew he was looking forward to this trip just as much as I was! As soon as we got off FaceTime I immediately grabbed my suitcase and started to put together some cute outfits. I had to look my best especially if there was going to be cameras around.

After going through my wardrobe I decided that I did not have enough cute outfits and immediately started shopping online. I wasn't one for being material, but I definitely was looking on the expensive side of things. But I still had an expectation to set. I decided that I was going to do some late night shopping in the city tomorrow night after work.

I texted Lottie and El and asked if they wanted to join. Of course they immediately replied and were all in.

The feelings of nervousness and anxiety slowly crept away and I definitely was looking forward to going to sleep tonight knowing my anxiety wouldn't keep me up.