Chapter 21

"Fuck"

The only words that were able to leave me mouth. Hands shaking, I picked up the stick. 2 very dark lines stared back at me.

I couldn't help but just stare at them.

I placed the stick back on the bathroom vanity and stared in the mirror at myself. Tears welled in my eyes.

I had no idea what to do. A whirlwind of emotions filled my head and stomach. I slowly walked backwards hitting the wall, slowly sliding down it, keens pulled up and crouched into a ball I sobbed for an hour.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialled Lottie.

"Hello?" She said cheerily down the phone.

"I'm pregnant" I choked out before losing it.

"I'm on my way" she said before hanging up.

Before I knew it Lottie was at the door. I buzzed her in and she ran through the courtyard to my door. I immediately opened it, my face puffy, eyes red. I looked like shit.

She immediately embraced me in a hug as I cried into her shoulder. She grabbed the pregnancy test from my hand just staring at it much the same as I did.

"I thought you couldn't..." she said trailing off quietly.

"Me too" I said between sniffles.

"So what are you going to do?" She said grabbing me by my shoulders and pulling me away.

"I made an appointment with my gynaecologist tomorrow afternoon".

"Are you going to tell him?"

"I don't know"

"You have to. Presuming it's his baby"

I shot her an unimpressed look "of course it's his I did the math".

"I know I know I was just trying to lighten the mood"

"I don't even know what he's going to say"

"Well it might be okay"

"With the way things are I'm just not sure" I said breaking down again.

"It's gonna be okay" she said wrapping me up in another hug "are you going to tell your family?"

"God no. Mum would be so upset and my brothers god. No I can't"

"Well i'm not letting you do this alone"

"Thank you" I whispered sobbing into her chest.

Lottie managed to calm me down and I eventually fell asleep on top of her.

_ _ _

My appointment couldn't have come fast enough. Lottie was kind enough to take the afternoon off to come with me. She drove to the hospital and we wandered into the reception area. We went and sat in the waiting room. The walls were blindingly white and the air sterile. Hospitals always made me nervous.

"Saffron?" My gynaecologist said popping his head out the door.

I weakly smiled and got up Lottie following close behind. We took a seat next to the desk.

"I haven't seen you for a while Saf how have you been?"

"I'm good. I've been doing good" I sighed.

"So you're pregnant hey?" He asked a beaming smile present on his face.

"Yeah"

He noticed the look on my face.

"Well, let's get you up on the bed and see what's happening" he said awkwardly wandering over to the bed.