Chapter 17

Carlos had been treating me like an absolute queen ever since I had arrived. He had also been more affectionate than ever, making sure to show me off to cameras, always having his hand on some part of my body, always checking on me to see if I am okay. It was perfect.

Carlos had decided that tonight he would be introducing me to some of the F1 drivers over drinks at a local bar that may or may not turn into a rather large night but not too large because the boys all had a big day tomorrow. It was practice and they couldn't be dusty.

I was finishing up my shower when Carlos walked into the bedroom asking if I needed anything. I shook my head and smiled at him before wrapping myself up in a big bath towel. I threw on a larger t-shirt and some leggings letting my hair air dry for tonight.

I wandered out into the lounge room towards the kitchen where Carlos was preparing dinner. I had also been eating a fuck load of beautiful food whilst I was here. If Carlos wasn't making dinner we were out eating.

"Go and get ready amore" Carlos said as he diced up garlic and different herbs.

"Just waiting for my hair to dry and I was going to do my makeup after dinner so I didn't ruin it"

"How could you ruin it? You going to spill
Tomato sauce on your face?" He chuckled.

An unamused look made it was onto my face "no. I just want it be perfect that's all" I said returning a small smile to him before laughing and wandering off.

I headed over to the couch and scrolled through my phone checking messages and emails. I responded to a few before Carlos served up dinner. Something quick and light so that I had ample time to get ready he assured me.

We finished eating and quickly cleaned up before heading into the bedroom to get ready. I grabbed my makeup bag out of my suitcase and headed over to the bathroom. I decided to do a full face including eye shadow not that it would be anything fancy.

I took my time wanting to make sure it was flawless. After all, I was meeting the WAGS of F1 so I had to look my best. They were all so stunning and I so desperately wanted to impress. I'm not really sure why but I put it down to being a textbook people pleaser and dismiss those thoughts.

As I continued to do my makeup I checked the time, I was becoming more nervous and anxious by the minute. I was about to meet some of Carlos's colleagues/friends and for some reason this was making me uneasy. I turned to Carlos who was sitting on the bed on his phone. He glanced over at me and raised an eyebrow.

"I need a drink" I said as a stared at him, fear running through my eyes.

He nodded "you want like a wine or something?"

I shook my head "you got anything a bit more than that?"

A small smile crept onto his face "what like Vodka?"

"That will do" I said desperately.

Carlos looked surprised and he wandered off. He came back with a glass and handed it to me. Without thinking I immediately threw it back scrunching up my face making a fist feeling the burning liquor run down my throat.

"You okay?" Carlos asked looking at me with slight concern.

I nodded "another please".

Carlos left the room but this time came back with two shot glasses and the bottle. He poured a shot and went to hand it to me before quickly taking it and throwing it back himself.

He groaned putting a hand over his mouth before shaking his head. I laughed as he poured another two shots handing one to me. We clinked them together "Salude" I said throwing it back.