Chapter 49

Carlos and I had now spent 4 days with each other and I think it was now time to tell him how I really feel about him. Tonight.

Tonight Carlos had decided he wanted to stay in. We ordered dinner and ate whilst watching a movie that he said he wanted to see but in reality I think he just wanted to watch some TV for the Australian ads because they weren't like the ones he had back at home.

"Okay so i bet you're wondering why I wanted to stay in tonight?" Carlos asked muting the TV.

"Well I hadn't really given it much thought to be honest" I said chuckling and lifting my legs off the ground so they were now crossed.

Carlos turned his body toward me "well the reason I wanted to stay in because I wanted to play a get to know you type game"

"Is it 21 questions?"

"Sort of but no" he said laughing "I just have questions I wanted to ask and please you do not have to answer if you don't want to"

"Uh okay sure. Go ahead" I said raising an eyebrow.

"How long were you a stripper for?" Carlos asked looking intrigued.

I frowned "uh I don't know about a year or two I think"

"And when did you start why stripping?"

"Well I was fresh out of school and I was starting uni and I wanted to move out so I thought we'll stripping is a good way to make money so I just did it"

"Really?"

"Yeah" I said narrowing my eyes "why?"

"Just curious I just want to get to know you better"

"Okay" I said sounding suspicious "what's your next question"

"Tell me about your ex"

I sighed "Carlos we already spoke about this. I don't like talking about Ethan. I don't like having to remember what happened. I'm not answering that question"

He nodded and left it alone and the room fell silent. He looked down at his hands and then over to me "do you love me?"

My eyes widened "huh?" I asked startled. Why would he ask me that outright. Did he know I have feelings for him. Was he a mind reader. Oh god. Well. I guess this is how the conversation starts.

"Uh" I just stuttered.

He just stared.

"You've already asked the questions let me" I blurted.

"Okay sure" he said.

"Why didn't you believe me about the baby"

"I was scared"

"Of what?"

"I don't know Saf. Everything was happening really fast and I was startled. I already told you I was sorry"

"Did you sleep with anyone whilst we weren't together"

He just stared.

"How many people"

He just stared.

I took his silence to mean that it was more than a few. To his credit we were not together.

"Do you still love me"

"Of course I do" he said grabbing my hands "every day saffron every day I think about you"

"Do you want me to move to London?"

"So badly" he said getting closer.

I took a deep breath in and released me stress.

"Do you love me?"

"Of course" I said as tears started to form in my eyes.

Carlos cupped my cheek with his hand and I nuzzled further into his touch. We stayed like that for a moment before our eyes connected with each other.

He leaned in, our lips inches away from each other. I closed the gap and parted my lips to which he took advantage of.

So much for taking it slow am I right.

_ _ _

It was now 12am and Carlos and I had not once but twice had very long drawn out and needy sex with each other. It was incredible to feel his touch again. I was drunk off of it.

As Carlos lay next to me I took in his beautiful features in the moonlight. The sound of the fire crackling away breaking the silence. He rolled over so he was now on his side facing me.

"Saffron?" He whispered.

I hummed.

"Are we officially dating?"

"If you'll have me then I'm yours" I whispered.

He planted a sweet but soft kiss on my lips.

"I'm so glad" he said peppering my face with kisses "I've missed you".

I melted.