He Leaves You | (Sixteenth Imagine)

#Imagine16

You let out a sigh as you positioned your head onto the soft pillow on the bed you and Dylan shared. It was a Queen size one, but seemed like a single since you and Dylan mostly slept as one individual. Snuggled up with each other. You closed your eyes and calmed down, everything appeared to slow down since you were done with work. You were so happy, you didn't want to go at that place ever again.

"Hey, baby," you heard Dylan's voice enter the room. You kept your eyes shut.

"Hey," you replied, your voice gentle and quiet. You felt the bed dip beside you and you tried not to smile. Holding your eyes closed you asked, "how was your day?"

You felt his arm wrap around your waist, and his head rest of the backbone of your neck. "It was agony without you. . ." He mumbled before you heard soft snores escape his mouth. You smiled to yourself and almost fell asleep too, but the buzzing of a phone prevented you.

You reached for your own thinking it was yours that was buzzing, only it wasn't. You opened your eyes and spotted the Dylan's phone. The humming stopped and a notification for two new text messages lit up the screen. You knew you should've just left it alone, but you were curious who was texting him this late. With his arm still wrapped around you, you grabbed his phone off the bedside table and opened the messages.

A guilty feeling molded in your belly, but you dismissed it. If he wasn't doing anything that would be considered cheating, there wasn't anything wrong with finding out his phone. Right? You opened the messages and immediately cursed to yourself. Why did you have to do that? Why, why, why?

Can we meet up again tomorrow? I had fun hanging out with you.

~ Leila

You wanted to text her back and ask who this was. You wanted more than a name, you wanted more than what you knew. What you wanted was an explanation.

You set down his phone and tore his arm off of you causing him to wake up from the sudden harsh movement. He rubbed his eyes and looked at you. You were standing a foot away from the bed, his phone in your hand.

Another text message came, and at the sound of the notification he looked at his phone in your hand.

Hello? Are you with her, again? I thought you told me you were going to end things!?

~Leila

"Why do you have my phone?" He asked, you didn't answer, you just stared down at the message. You couldn't believe it, you could believe he had been cheating on you. And planning on leaving you. "(Y/n) what the heck are you doing with my phone?" He grabbed it from you before you could try and keep it. You were glad the thing was out of your hands though, it made things clearer for you.

Dylan glanced down at the message himself before he let out a sigh. Was it a sigh of relief, or guilt? "Were you ever planning on telling me about her?" You asked, Dylan typed something into his phone before looking up at you again. He swung his legs over the side of the bed and stood up, he was standing in front of you.

"No," he said honestly. You let out a little depressing laugh.

You looked at him and bit your bottom lip. "Dylan, if you stop talking to that girl. . . If you completely take her out of your life I think I can forgive you for this." You said hoping he would take your offer. You really wanted him too, he meant to much to you to just let go. Dylan ruffled his hair and closed his eyes for a second.

"I don't know if I want that, (y/n)." He said and it felt like someone had stabbed your heart. You didn't know what you should say back, and you didn't know if you wanted to say anything back. Pretty soon after taking in and really realizing what he had just said to you, you felt tears roll down your soft cheeks.

"What do you want, Dylan? Me or her because you can't have it both ways, you can't have both of us!" You yelled angrily at him. It seemed just the other day he had confessed his love to you, over and over again. Dylan looked at you with big eyes, his big puppy-like brown eyes. The ones that you fell in love with, the ones that you saw in your dreams. The ones that used to bring you comfort, and still do. He shoved his hands in his pockets.

"(y/n) do we have to do this right now? Can't we just settle down and talk in the morning?" He asked, you let out a sarcastic laugh. Talk in the morning? Forget about this for now? What was he thinking. . .

"No, I don't want to forget about this, Dylan. It isn't fair for me and it isn't fair that you're playing with that girl." You said but the guilty look on his face proved he was hiding something from you.

"Or playing me," you said breathlessly. "I'm the one you're playing with."

Dylan looked at you and rolled his tongue on the top of his teeth, something he did when he was stuck in a lie, or in the truth. "I'm sorry, (y/n). I was going to break this off earlier, but it was harder than I thought it'd be." He said, you squinted your eyes at him and raised a brow. "Now I can finally tell you this. More so because I have to, (y/n) I don't want to be with you anymore."

You watched as he grabbed his phone and gave you one last glance before running out of your bedroom and probably to that other girl. He chose her over you. You leaned your back against the wall and slid down it, landing on the floor roughly. Tears flew down your cheeks like a river, you didn't know you could cry that much.

When you saw a heartbreak in the movies you never really knew what the characters on the screen had been going through, but everything seemed different to you now. And thinking of the movie heartbreaks just made you feel worse. They all had someone to help them get by with it. You didn't have anyone. A best friend? Dylan was your best friend. A mom? She was too career-focused to think about helping you with a heartbreak that she predicted would happen from the start. A dad? He was too busy. Besides, you were an adult, you were supposed to know how to cope with these things by yourself. Right?

You wiped your eyes and stood up off the ground. You walked out of the bedroom and looked around for your bag in the living room. You needed to get out of that house, you couldn't stay there any longer without going insane. You needed something to take your mind off things for a while. And by things you meant the screwed up relationship that you had been in for the past six months.

As you held your keys in your hand, you realized you couldn't drive. You needed to walk off whatever was hurting you, "just walk it off" your mother used to say whenever you would get an injury. Throwing your keys into your bag you began to walk on the sidewalk.

You knew you weren't returning home anytime soon, because it'd take a while to walk off this wound.

A/n: Haven't updated in a while so expect another imagine soon!

So, how'd you like this imagine? Tell me in the comments, I love reading your guy's opinions! (:

Enjoy the rest of your day, and vote if you thought it was good?