HLSE - Plot Twist

Dylan you sat in your room, he was discussing the fight that happened earlier today. "I didn't know he had a thing for Natalie," he explained. "Like dang, he really popped me good."

You rolled your eyes, and opened Brett's text.

From Brett— Are you doing okay?

Dylan wasn't paying attention to you as he threw the ball up in the air and caught it seconds later.

To Brett— I'm fine. ur the one who got in a fight. (;

You locked your phone and watched Dylan caught the ball one last time, then sat up and looked around your room. "No," he said and you raised a brow. You wondered what he was talking about. "That couldn't of been why..." He mumbled.

He paced around your room and you rested your head on your hand, watching him. "Why does it bother you? It's not like the two of you are friends," you stated, not hiding your annoyance. "Or were."

He scoffed. "I'm going, Natalie wants to hang." You let out a sigh but cheered up once you were notified of a text.

From Brett— just a bruised jaw. No biggy, hey can I ask you something though? Over the phone, I don't want to text you my question. 

You bit your lip and replied back quickly. 

To Brett- call me then. 

Seconds later your screen lit up with his number and two circle buttons, one red and one green. Dylan was still at your house, in your room, so you couldn't answer it right away. "I need to pee!" You yelled running out of your room and into the bathroom, closing the door behind you. You pressed the green button and listened for his voice. 

"Hey, (y/n)," he said and you smiled. 

"Hi." 

"What took you so long to answer? Is everything okay?" He asked and you nodded, but remembered that he couldn't see you so you spoke up. 

"Yeah, yeah." You reassured him. "So what did you want to ask me?" You said staring at your fingernails, and anywhere else that was in your line of vision. 

You heard him take a deep breath before he continued on. "I was wondering if you wanted to do something tonight? Maybe a dinner or a movie?" He paused and you waited. "Or both?" 

"That'd be-"

"(y/n) what is taking you so long? Gee are you pooping out a baby or something..." You heard him mumble the last part but only because he was standing right outside the door. You froze because if Dylan found out you were talking to Brett he'd get mad at you, and if Brett found out you were talking to him in the bathroom- well that would just be weird and awkward. 

You pressed the mute button on your phone and cleared your throat. "No, no! I'm actually just... doing my makeup." You said and he scoffed. 

"When do you do something that you don't need to?" He asked suspiciously. 

You blushed at his compliment, but realized he probably didn't even notice he did it. "Since I have someone to impress," you weren't lying either. You heard him walk away from the door and you remembered Brett on the other end. 

"Hello? (y/n) did you hang up? Is everything-"

"Sorry, I'm back!" You interrupted his worried babbles and you heard him let out a sigh of relief. "And I'd love to go to a movie with you, or to dinner- or both." He laughed and you smiled. 

You wondered why you didn't notice him before. 

You both said goodbye and ended the call, then you opened the bathroom door and walked back into your room. "Who were you on the phone with?" Dylan asked, spinning in a wheely chair but he stopped to look straight at you.