Song Imagine(Shawn Mendez) This Is What It Takes

"I watch your troubled eyes as you rest,

And I fall in love with every breath.

Wonder if those eyes are really shut,

And am I the one you're dreaming of?"

He watched as your breathing slowed, your eyes shut, your mind became blank. His hand reached out and stroked the top of yours, he wanted to touch you one last time before he had to go. His mouth drew downwards into a frown as another man came into your bedroom, it was someone he didn't know. Who are you? He tried to say to the intruder, but nothing came out, he was silent.

"'Cause underneath the darkness

There's a light that's trying so hard to be seen.

And I know this 'cause I've noticed

A little bit shining through the seams"

Dylan couldn't see the intruder, he couldn't see his face. Only the outline of his body, and for some reason it seemed familiar to him. The stature, the height... It was like he knew who this was, but he couldn't put his finger on it. The dark figure leaned down and stroked your cheek, but Dylan didn't seem to get jealous, it was as if he was doing it. Not the dark figure. Leave her alone! He thought, he tried to say it, tried to make his mouth move. He still couldn't.

"And if this is what it takes,

Then let me be the one to bear the pain.

Oh if this is what it takes

I'll break down these walls that are in our way,

If this is what it takes"

Leaves. The smell of nature. He was now outside, you were there too, he saw.

You were holding hands with the dark figure he saw earlier, you and the other figure seemed to be throwing dead leaves up in the air, a big smile was on your face as you looked at the dark figure. Dylan's heart warmed as he saw it, as if he was the one throwing the leaves up with you. "I love this," he heard you say as he watched you and the dark figure sit on the grass together, leaves from the trees fell around you. "Being with you, being alone. Can it stay this way forever?" So whoever the figure was, you loved him, Dylan didn't feel anything negative about it though. He felt like you were saying those words to him, and not a stranger.

"You keep on telling me I'm wasting time,

But to call it wasting time oh that's a crime.

And you think it's crazy what I'm trying to do.

Well baby, I'm a fool for you"

Now Dylan found himself at a party, sweaty bodies all dancing around him, though no one seemed to notice him. He remembered attending a party like this, and he remembered you being at this party to.

As if on cue, you walked through the doorway and greeted the dark figure, the stranger. You hadn't even looked over at Dylan, and he found himself smiling at the image of you being happy. As he watched you, he felt warmth over his right cheek, his eyes glanced over to you and the dark figure. Your hand was on the figures right cheek. Dylan wondered if it was your warmth that he felt engulf his cheek.

Then everything went black.

"'Cause underneath the darkness

There's a light that's trying so hard to be seen.

And I know this 'cause I've noticed

A little bit shining through the seams"

Dylan opened his eyes, his vision was blurry for a second before he got used to the morning light. Someone held his hand, and rested their head on his arm, it was you. Dylan slowly pulled away his hand, and arm, then sat up on the bed beside you.

He ruffled his hair, and glanced back down at your sleeping body. He reached forward to touch your arm, he wanted to make sure he wasn't dreaming again.

"And if this is what it takes,

Then let me be the one to bear the pain.

Oh if this is what it takes

I'll break down these walls that are in our way"

When his hand came into contact with your skin, he let out a sigh of relief. He was awake.

He bent down to kiss your head lightly, then quickly got off the bed, heading into the kitchen. He decided to make you pancakes, he knew you'd love to wake up to pancakes. And he wanted your day to start off happy. Once they were done, he heard you get up and walk towards the kitchen. Even though he didn't face you, he knew you had a curious look on your face.

"Pancakes?" He heard you say, he smiled as he heard the excitement in your voice.

"'Cause if you don't understand yet

Then I'll never let you forget

That you don't have to do this on your own"

"Enjoy," he said as he set down a plate in front of you. Sure enough there were fresh pancakes sitting in front of you, tempting you. You sat on your table chair, debating whether you should bring up last night. The two of you had fought, talked about breaking up, and it all ended because you wanted to sleep.

But today you wanted to get back to that discussion.

"I'll be your shoulder to lean on.

I'll be your right when you feel wrong.

So come on, take my hand, we're moving on

And if this is what it takes,

Then let me be the one to bear the pain.

Oh and if this is what it takes,

Then I'll break down these walls,

These walls that are in our way.

If this is what it takes."

"Dylan..." You mumbled, pushing the plate away from you. You met his eyes, and let out a nervous sigh. "I think we should talk about-"

"-last night?" He finished for you. In his tone was confusion, and a little annoyance. "(y/n) I already know what I want." He said, you raised an eyebrow.

"What?" You asked and he let out a little chuckle of disbelief.

"Do you really have to ask?" You nodded, answering his question. Dylan walked towards you until he was inches away, bent down so he was at eye level with you, and gently tilted your face to be opposite his. "You." He whispered.

You wanted to believe him, and you did, but you wanted to be sure. "Are you sure you're ready to actually commit to me, Dylan?" You asked, he nodded. Your lips grew into a smile and you pecked him quickly before pushing him away so you could get to eating your pancakes.

"Good to know food still rules me over," you heard him say sarcastically as he turned around to make him his own pancakes.