(Imagine for Lorain)

He had you trapped. The water gun pointed at your chest, his hands on the plastic trigger. Your back was pressed against the white picket fence that surrounded your house. Dylan stood close in front of you. "Don't you dare..." You said as you looked into Dylan's eyes. A mischievous smile rose on his lips as he turned his head sideways.

"Give me back my toy, then." He said and you squeezed your hand around the yellow HotWheels car.

"I'll tell my mommy you shot me!" You said, he rolled his eyes and lowered the gun a bit. His small hands barely wrapped around the whole thing.

"It's only water, Rain." Dylan said as he rolled his eyes. You pushed him backwards and took off in the opposite direction, you heard him screaming as your feet ran.

"Ooof!" You groaned as you ran into your mom. You turned your head upwards, but quickly you turned around to meet a set of angry eyes. You swallowed and backed into your mother for safety.

"Dylan, what's the matter?" Your mom asked, slight humor in her voice. "You look all mad... And why are you muddy?" His eyes flew to yours.

"He jumped in a mud puddle..." You said, Dylan's mouth fell open as he heard your little lie, and your mother gave him disapproving look. A small smile rose on your lips as one of his hands were behind his back, he was hiding the squirt gun.

"Let's get you on inside. Your mother will not be happy with you, little boy." She said, a long sigh escaping her lips. A smile rose on your lips as Dylan walked past you, the whole time glaring.

12 years later....

"Last year, you can do this Lorain..." You mumbled to yourself, you were sitting on a bench, waiting for the bus. All of a sudden a backpack that didn't belong to you, landed in your lap. Your head turned sideways to see who had thrown it. Your eyes narrowed at the person as they gave you a smirk. "Dylan please get your things off my lap." You asked, annoyance clear in your voice. He looked down at his backpack, then met your eyes again.

"Carry it for me. Otherwise I'll just tell Carter that-"

"Fine!" You yelled, wanting him to shut up. "I'll hold your bag, you lazy..."

"...butt nugget?" He finished your sentence for you, you rolled your eyes. Mocking the names you used to insult him was beginning to get on your nerves. He sat beside you, hands in his lap, you wanted him to leave. "How's the weather today? Any chance of rain?" He said, his smirk still on his face.

"I don't know, nor do I care. Leave me alone, please. I'm busy..." You said, hoping he'd tend to himself from now on. He didn't. You pulled out your earphones, and as you did the bus came.

Dylan and you climbed on, but sat at different seats. He sat with a pretty darker skinned girl, and you were alone. That pretty darker skinned girl was also his girlfriend. Oh, and your friend. "Rainy come closer, sit in the seat beside us!" She called to you, using your nickname like she always did. Your eyes met Dylan's and he seemed to not be opposed by the idea of you sitting by them.

"Okay," you mumbled as you picked up your bag and moved seats. "Hey, Kerry." You said as you sat down, your knee brushed against Dylan's as the bus moved.

For some reason an off feeling churned in your stomach, but you ignored it. "Hi. So did you finish math?" She asked, you shook your head and a frown came to her face. "Oh. Um, really? Wow, awesome. Okay so thanks for the help Rain-"

"Why didn't you finish it last night?" Dylan cut in. It surprised you, but not a word came out of your mouth.

Kerry must've felt the same way because her mouth fell open, she was looking for a way to reply. "I... Uh my, I was... Distracted?" He didn't buy whatever that excuse was, because he rolled his eyes and raised an eyebrow of his.

"Distracted by Marco, maybe?" You looked over at the two, both of them were looking at each other. It was as if they were talking telepathically. Dylan shook his head and before you knew it, he switched seats and moved away from you two.

"What was that about, Kerry?" You asked, wondering what she had done to the guy you resented for as long as you could remember. But for some reason right now all you wanted to do was go to him and make sure he was alright.

"I did something bad last night, and he knows." She said, her eyes grew darker and your throat became dry as she stared at you as if you knew something she didn't. "I don't want to hurt him, but everything I do seems to be wrong." She said, her eyes going to her hands in her lap. You didn't know what to say, you never really talked to her before.

So you faced forward and let the silence between you two grow.

____________

1 week later...

"Dylan, are you okay?" You called to him as he walked ahead of you, this whole week he's been nicer too you. It was odd. He turned around at the sound of his name, he looked depressed. He furrowed his eyebrows as he kept on looking at you. You began to rethink trying to make him feel better. Never had one of you ever tried to help one another, why would he even tell you? The two of you didn't exactly consider each other friends. But making sure he was alright seemed like a thing you needed to do, you didn't know why.

"Yeah... I'm fine," he said. His eyes dropped to the floor and you rolled your eyes. Because he was nicer to you, you knew he was sad, or something was wrong. And you kinda liked it, him being nice to you, that is. Not him being sad.

"No, you're obviously not." You heard him let out a sigh, people around you began to notice the two of you talking and he grabbed your arm to pull you over to his locker.

"Why do you suddenly care?" He asked, his eyes searched yours for answers, his mouth held a hint of an amused smile. That sentence sounded like it were meant to drive you away, but you stayed. His voice was soft and curious and you found yourself lost, what could you say that wouldn't make him think you were into him?

Weren't you though? A tiny voice said in your head but you ignored it. You were, and you have been for months now. Only you were afraid to tell him because he had said he was in love with someone else.

"Never mind, just forget I even asked," you said and backed away from him. You were about to walk away until he came closer to you. "What?" You asked confused, what else did he want to say to you, you wondered.

But he didn't say anything at all. He gently grabbed your face in his hands and kissed your lips, it only lasted for a second, but it felt like forever. After he pulled away, everything seemed to be right. You didn't know why, it just did. "I should've done that a long time ago." He whispered before your lips met again.

A/n: sorry for not updating in like forever! But I hoped you liked this imagine Lorain(:

...and everyone else. ;)
I'll be back soon, I promise.