Imagine Song ~ (Kelly Clarkson) Because Of You

#Imagine21

A/n: You don't have to read the song lyrics, I tried to write enough for each paragraph so that as you were reading the imagine stuff she was singing that part in the background. Each paragraph is like, supposed to explain what was happening and what you're feeling. (this is the first song-imagine I've done, sorry if it's bad!) 

"I will not make the same mistakes that you did

I will not let myself

Cause my heart so much misery

I will not break the way you did,

You fell so hard

I've learned the hard way

To never let it get that far"

You watched as Dylan sat in his room, his head in his hands, he was crying. You wanted to go to him, you wanted to tell him it wasn't his fault. That this was just the way things were, the way they were going to go. "Dylan?" You said and he stood up, you thought he was going to give you a hug - embrace you. Instead he walked past you, as if you weren't there, like you were just a ghost. Like you didn't matter to him.

"Because of you

I never stray too far from the sidewalk

Because of you

I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt

Because of you

I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me

Because of you

I am afraid"

Dylan wouldn't look at you as you followed him down the steps, he'd pretend not to hear you call out his name as he opened the door and left. You opened the door and as a tear fell down your cheek you watched him open his car door and drive away. That was the last time you heard from him within two weeks. It was like he had forgotten about you and what the two of you had. You were alone, now.

"I lose my way

And it's not too long before you point it out

I cannot cry

Because I know that's weakness in your eyes

I'm forced to fake

A smile, a laugh everyday of my life

My heart can't possibly break

When it wasn't even whole to start with"

Dylan came back the first Monday, he apologized to you and told you he was just lost for a moment. That he was sorry for cheating, that he hadn't meant to hit you, that he loved you and only you. But you didn't know if that was true. At nights he would be gone, you would be home alone, waiting for him. Hoping he wasn't doing what he did the past times when he was drunk.

"Because of you

I never stray too far from the sidewalk

Because of you

I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt

Because of you

I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me

Because of you

I am afraid"

You had fought again, when he came home. You asked where he was and what he was doing, he yelled back, "I was with the guys having the fun you deprive me of!" That night you locked yourself in the bathroom and turned on the bath water, that way he wouldn't be able to hear when you cried. You didn't want him to hear you, you didn't want him to know you were weak.

"I watched you die

I heard you cry every night in your sleep

I was so young

You should have known better than to lean on me

You never thought of anyone else

You just saw your pain

And now I cry in the middle of the night

For the same damn thing"

As you sat there on the toilet, letting your tears fall you remembered when he had been through the same thing. You had been there. When he lost his job, who was there? You. After a hard day at work and he was having trouble sleeping, who was there? You. Where was he now? Where was he when you crying and having trouble sleeping? Nowhere. He deserted you, and he ignored you. And you were alone, you were alone like you were before.

"Because of you

I never stray too far from the sidewalk

Because of you

I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt

Because of you

I try my hardest just to forget everything

Because of you

I don't know how to let anyone else in

Because of you

I'm ashamed of my life because it's empty

Because of you

I am afraid

Because of you

Because of you"

You had enough, you weren't sure where the confidence was coming from, but you were sorta happy you had it. Enough was enough, you couldn't handle the pain he was putting you through. You were done with the verbal abuse, so you left him. He texted you, emailed you, even sent a letter, but you were finished, he was no good for you.

It was now one year later and your best friend was married. You had been on dates before but never really tried with anyone as much as you tried with Dylan, and it was because of him that you couldn't get past your insecurities.

A/n: I hoped you guys liked this imagine, doing the song imagines are fun! I've never tried one before and I am just wondering what you guys think about it? Do you want me to continue doing them, and do you guys have any song ideas that you want me to do? If so just PM me or comment below! 

I'll do any song you choose because I love doing these kind of Imagines! (kind of thinking of making a separate imagine book and doing this?) Idk. 

Okay, bye lovelies! (: