He Leaves You (03)

"I think you're the most beautiful girl in the world... Besides your mother." Your father said and you sent him a smile. He patted you on the back and walked into your house, your mother right behind him.

"He really left you? With that hooker?" Your dad mumbled as he walked over to your couch and sat down before reaching for the TV remote. You pressed your lips together and let out a sigh.

"Do you guys want anything? I don't have much because I haven't gone grocery shopping yet but-"

"I just don't know why he left you, dear." Leave it alone, mom... Said a voice inside your head. But she kept on going, as if the glare you sent her way meant nothing. "Aw, I know you'll find someone else. How long has it been? Five months... Six?" You furrowed your eyebrows and closed your eyes for a second to think of what you were going to say, before opening them again.

"Mom, I moved on, I have a new - better - boyfriend," you said and a wide smile spread on her face.

"Really? When are we going to meet him?" She asked you and you walked into your kitchen to get a drink of water. "(Y/n) I think it's good you ended it with that boy. I never liked him anyway."

"Great, I'm glad." You said hoping she would drop the subject. In fact, she did, but went onto another one that only made you want to put your head through a wall.

"So is your new boy as cute as the last?" She asked and you let out a little laugh, of course she wanted to know this.

"Even cuter," you replied honestly. You took the mistake of looking at your mom then and she walked towards you. "Do you want some water?" You asked and your mother sent you a sweet smile.

"Yes, I'm quenched from the long drive here." She said and you let out a laugh, your house was only a half and hour away from your parents' house. You lived in the city and they lived out in the country, away from all of the sounds of the city night. "So how about we go out tonight? You know, meet your new love interest?" She asked and you pressed your lips together. That didn't sound like such a bad idea, it could be fun.

"I'll have to ask him, but I'm sure he's free." You said and your mother sent you an approving smile.

"Great, honey." She said and took a drink of the water. "Now your father and I have some errands to run, but I'll set up reservations for the Speciale di Maria, okay?" That was her favorite restaurant in the whole town, what could you say? She loved Italian food.

"Sounds good, mom," you said and soon your father and mother headed out of your apartment and back to their home. Leaving you alone waiting for your new boyfriend to come home so you could surprise him with the dinner plans.

____________

"Um, reservation for (y/l/n)?" You said to the person who showed you your table. They nodded their head and grabbed two menus. You realized your parents were already there, chatting away. "Mom, dad. Hi," you greeted them with a smile then turned to your boyfriend.

"I'm Darren," he said and you watched the reactions of your parents. So far so good.

"Hello, Darren. Nice to finally meet you," your mother said and you gave her a look. You have only been going out with him for a month, you felt bad putting so much pressure on him but you were glad he was being so chill about it.

"You too, Mrs. (y/l/n). And also you, Mr. (y/l/n)." Darren said and you looked for a chair to sit down in. You decided it would be best if you sat next to your father, so you did to relieve a little off of Darren.

"So what do you do for a living, Darren?" Your father asked and you met your boyfriend's eyes with a smile. Darren cleared his throat and replied to your father's question, you were glad he was doing better than you expected. As your waiter came around you noticed familiar brown eyes peering at you from across the room. Your heart stopped and you felt your throat go a little dry. What was Dylan doing here? He shouldn't be here, oh, he will ruin the whole night...

"Honey, you okay?" Your mother whispered to you a little concerned. You broke your gaze from your ex-boyfriend and you gave your mother a reassuring smile.

"Yeah, yeah. Heh, I'm fine." You said and your mother gave you a happy smile. She was happy but you weren't, you were scared. As you ate your food you could feel his eyes on you the whole time. You wanted so bad to get out of here, but your father and Darren kept talking and talking. They wouldn't shut up!

Calm down, (y/n)... Everything is fine. It's all good, you'll be okay... You reassured yourself but you didn't know how well that would work.

What were you kidding? You needed to get out a the place where he could see you, where you could see him. "Excuse me everybody, I need to use the restroom!" You said before getting up from your chair and practically running towards the ladies room.

Opening the door you let in a big breath of air and then let it out. Why did he do this to you every time you saw him? Then as you looked at yourself in the mirror you realized you were being foolish. This was a small city, you were going to run into him at times and everytime that would be you can't run to the bathroom. You'd have to talk to him, pretend like you forgot about everything he did to you. And everything he made you. And everything he was to you. You had to learn to deal with him, and it wasn't like he was close to you. He was all the way across the room for goodness sakes!

You can do this.

You could do this.

So, with that confident mental speech you just gave yourself you headed out the ladies bathroom door only to run into the person who had driven you in there. "Dylan," you whispered breathlessly as he gave you a small smile.

"(y/n)." He breathed.

You looked at his light brown eyes and your tongue brushed over your top teeth. "Long time, huh?" You said in a light-hearted tone of voice. Dylan's intense gaze froze you in your spot as you felt your back hit the wall slowly. He stood inches in front of you and you were glad of the space you had between the two of you guys.

He let out a little laugh as he put his hands into his front pants pockets. "I guess so..." He whispered as his eyes never left your face. At this time you were trying to think of reasons to leave him, or excuses you could tell him so you could retreat back to your dinner table. But your mouth wouldn't listen to your brain. You had to keep the conversation going, in fact, you had to ask about his intentions.

"Why are you here?" You asked and Dylan smirked, like he knew you would ask that question. As if he was expecting it.

He looked around and then his eyes fell on you again. "Well, to eat of course, and I also have a date. You?" He asked sarcastically and you let out a sigh.

"I'm having dinner with my parents and-"

"Boyfriend?" He finished your sentence and you gave him a small smile. You didn't know why but you didn't want him to know you had already moved on, even if he obviously did.

"Yeah..." You mumbled and you looked up at him curiously to see how he would react. Surprisingly he seemed fine. Wait? No, of course he was going to be fine with you seeing someone else. You guys were done, barely friends. But for some reason you felt guilty for moving on, like you should've made sure he was happy before you were. Why did you feel that way? He was the one who broke your heart. He was the reason you two broke up, because he fell in love with someone else. You deserved to be happy, and you shouldn't have to feel sorry for it.

He scratched the back of his neck like he always did in awkward situations. You realized it was time you needed to go, you needed to say goodbye. "Are you happy?" He asked suddenly, a question you asked yourself many times.

But as you looked at your boyfriend who seemed to be getting along with your father well you knew at that moment that you were happy. And you weren't sorry for it.

A/n: Hey! Sorry for the halt on the Song Imagines! They'll be back soon!(: