Imagine Song~requested~(James Bay) Let It Go

(intro)

"I love you, Dylan." You said as he kissed you again. You pulled away just to hear those three words come out of his mouth. And when they didn't you pulled out of his grasp.

"What?" He asked with an unsure smile. You furrowed your eyebrows and scoffed. "What (y/n)?" He asked again and came towards you, but you backed up.

"Look Dylan, I don't want to seem like a needy bitch but... I don't know, I thought you would say 'I love you' back to me, I guess." You said and he scratched the back of his neck nervously. You let out a little chuckle and nodded your head showing him you understood everything. "Just forget I said it." You said before you stormed out of the apartment you guys shared and headed anywhere.

"From walking home and talking loads

To seeing shows in evening clothes with you

From nervous touch and getting drunk

To staying up and waking up with you" 

That night you came home and saw Dylan on the couch, a beer in one hand and a picture of the two of you in the other. "Can't we just forget about what happened earlier?" He asked, making you freeze in your spot. You didn't think he noticed you had come in. It was what, ten o'clock? You thought he'd of been sleeping by now. You swallowed as you slowly etched to the front of the couch so you could see him and he could see you.

His eyes were red, his hair messy, his hands were trembling a bit. The picture was cracked in the middle, as if to separate the two of you in that picture. You remembered when it was taken, it was the week that you went to Miami with him and a couple of other friends. It was also the time that Dylan confessed to you that he liked you. Not loved, liked.

"But now we're sleeping at the edge

Holding something we don't need

All this delusion in our heads

Is gonna bring us to our knees"

You bit your lip and shook your head, no, you couldn't just forget about it. You wanted to know why he hadn't said 'I love you' back. "No, Dylan. I don't think I can." You told him before heading towards your bedroom, he followed behind you quickly.

You didn't feel like fighting tonight, you couldn't.

"So come on let it go

Just let it be

Why don't you be you

And I'll be me"

As you entered your room you threw off your sweatshirt because under it you had your tank top. You shimmied down your sweatpants and left on your short shorts. "(y/n) I'm not ready to say that yet." He said as he walked into your guys' room. He looked terrible and all you wanted to do was hug him. But you couldn't.

"Everything that's broke

Leave it to the breeze

Why don't you be you

And I'll be me"

You looked at him with a disappointed look. "I've been saying that for you for a whole year because I knew right away you were the one I wanted to spend my life with." His face paled and he casted his look to the ground. You scoffed and climbed into bed, he changed clothes and did the same. And as he laid beside you, you turned to him. "I'm not so sure anymore, Dylan." You breathed as a small tear ran down your face.