Lunch Date (Imagine for Catherine)

You turned the page of your book, your eyes glancing up towards light brown ones that had focused on you. The light brown eyes belonged to a boy who's name was Dylan. You didn't know him, but you wanted to. As you glanced down at your book again you could see out of the corner of his eye that he was coming over towards you. As you began to grow nervous, you immediately calmed down once he passed you and went straight towards a bookshelf.

"I've read that book," his voice said behind you. You didn't turn around, nor did you stop reading. You continued on as if he had said nothing. In your school he was a bad boy, someone who was not to be talked to, trouble. At least that's what you've heard from your friends and the girls who were heartbroken because of him. You had to admit though, you were a little curious to get to know him. He walked in front of you and stared you down, eventually you had to look up and meet his persistent eyes. A small smirk grew on his face.

You closed your book and set it down at table you were sitting at. "Did you like it?" You asked trying to start small talk, something he didn't really care for. But instead of him walking away uninterested as you assumed, he pulled out a chair and sat down in front of you.

He shrugged and sent you a wink. "I'm not one to really like reading, well that is unless it's a good book." You rolled your eyes and nodded your head, he looked elsewhere and bit his bottom lip. "What's your name?" He asked starting up another conversation with you, or maybe he was just bored sitting in the library alone.

"Catherine," you said. He raised a brow then gave you a smile.

"Nice name." He complimented and you couldn't help but send him a smile back. "Do you usually spend your time in here? Or do you actually get out and have some fun?" He asked and your mouth fell open agape.

"I only stay here after school until four." You said and he nodded, but grabbed your hands. You looked down at his hand clasped over yours and you felt your cheeks heat up. "What are you doing?" You asked pulling your hand out of his.

He let out a sigh and stood up. "Do you want to get some food with me? I can use a companion for lunch." He said and you looked around the library, girls had their eyes fixated on you and Dylan curiously. He followed your gaze and let out a light chuckle. "Ignore them, and come with me." He said and you pressed your lips together.

"I hardly know you." You said in a small attempt to protest in going.

He leaned down so he was at eye level with you. "It won't be that way for long." He whispered before he grabbed your hands and led you to the library doors.

____________

You stood behind Dylan as he ordered whatever he wanted from Taco Bell's menu. You glanced up there and just ordered a regular burrito along with the strawberry starburst freezie. As the two of you found a table, you noticed that he had been texting someone, his eyes were glued on his phone. "That your next victim?" You asked as you rested your chin on your hand.

A smirk formed on his lips as he looked up from his phone to meet your eyes. "No." He said quietly. "You are."

You raised an eyebrow and rolled your eyes at his cockiness, but part of you was a screaming inside. You leaned forward on the table, to make yourself more intimidating. "That won't ever happen," he shrugged. "You know you're paying for my food, right?" You asked as politely as you could. He leaned back in his chair and his smirk dropped.

"I don't have enough money for the two of us." He said with a blank expression and your mouth opened then closed as you tried to think of a reply. Concern must've been etched onto your face because he spoke again. "I'm kidding, I got you." He said and you let out a breath.

"Thanks, I'll pay you back tomorrow - or the next time we see each other." You said and he nodded.

"So, tomorrow?" He said and a small smile crept onto your face.

"Who says we'll see each other tomorrow?" You asked and he looked at you with something you couldn't decipher in his eyes.

"I'm pretty confident we will." He said and you nodded, unsure of what you were even doing here. He let out a little laugh and you met his eyes wondering what was so funny. "Loosen up, Cathy-"

"My name is Catherine."

"I'm not as bad as you think," he said quietly. He actually seemed serious this time, like he really meant what he had said. You wondered why he wanted to prove to you that he wasn't as bad as everyone said but then you realized it was probably because he hated how everyone saw him. Like being nice to you, would make everyone else's mind change, as if he would get a new reputation.

You kept in eye contact with him and nodded. Okay, you decided you would give him a chance. "I'm sorry, I just... I don't know what I was thinking." You said as you hoped for an apology from him.

"No, no. I totally understand, I know what people say about me." He said honestly and you liked that. You liked that he was honest with you, then again, he had nothing to really lie about.

"Doesn't it bother you? I mean, they call you a player, a heart breaker... Are you really like that?" He laughed at your question and shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know if I should feel flattered or hurt," he said sarcastically and you raised a brow, you wanted him to be serious with you. He cleared his throat noticing no amusement in your eyes and nodded. "I have dated many, many girls at some horrible period in my life. But that was because I lost someone who I can't ever get back. I had to fill... Fill some kind of hole, I guess. Or at least I tried too. Didn't work so well because I began to drink a lot, and I treated some very nice girls nastily. So I guess what people are telling you about me are slightly true." He said, his eyes boring into yours the whole time. You wanted to reach across the counter and patt his hand to show him you understood but all you could do was nod.

"Do you still do that?" You asked as you looked down at the table. For some reason you wanted to know, hoping that he had quit his ways and moved on.

"No, I don't date anyone, period." He said as he let out a little laugh. A pang of disappointment sprang up in your chest, but you couldn't figure out why. He stood up and you automatically looked at him to see what he was doing. Was he going to leave you? He looked down at you and reached out his hand. "Let's get you back to the library, hm?" He said as you took his hand and he lifted you up so fast that you had to balance yourself by pressing your palms onto his chest.

Noticing how close the two of you were, you stepped back and he headed out the doors, back to his car with you following behind.

Today took a weird turn, but you were glad Dylan had offered to take you out for lunch. In fact in some way you thought yourself lucky for being able to catch his attention. 

A/n: Sorry, it's kinda short! I hoped you liked this Imagine Queen_Fangirl1 ! 

Comment & Vote, next imagine will be up asap!(: