Brotha's Bestie (02)

Hailey sat on your countertop, she was snap-chatting Pete. "You know we have chairs that you can sit on?" You said with a small laugh, her head turned your way.

"You have comfortable counters." She commented as she patted the marble-too counter. You rolled your eyes and laughed at your friend.

Seconds later you heard the door open and in walked Thomas and Dylan. "Wow, I love your house," came a feminine voice and you met the eyes of the last girl you ever would've thought to be in your house. She pressed her lips together once she saw you and flipped her hair over her shoulder. "Why is she here?" She asked Dylan with a frown on her face and you glared at Thomas who smirked. He knew how much you hated Jenny—she was the most snottiness, self-censored girl in your class. Strutting around the school like she owns the place, wearing short skirts, small tops, and way too much make-up to be telling people she's 'all natural'.

Hailey crossed her arms over her chest and glared at your sworn enemy. Ever since she slapped you in front of everyone in the cafeteria because you sat down in her spot the two of you have been at each others throats. "Um, maybe because she lives here?" Your eyes fled to Dylan's face to see he was stifling a laugh. That made you feel better.

That was until her snaky little nasty arms wrapped around Dylan's torso and laid her head on his chest. She whispered something into his ear and they left, Thomas stood there though, scratching the back of his neck. "Her?!" You shouted and threw a carrot at him. He dodged it quickly and narrowed his eyes at you.

"I'm sorry," he said but he didn't sound like he was. He bent down and picked up the carrot off the floor, placing it on the table next to Hailey. "Geez, (y/n) get a better aim." And then he left.

You couldn't help the fact that your eye wouldn't stop twitching. Hailey glanced over at you and she sighed. "I didn't know Dylan and—"

"Say her name and the next carrot will hit you." You warned and she blinked, unsure of what to substitute Jenny's name with. You had an idea—what about slut?

"—she-who-should-not-be-named were dating." She finished and you scrunched up your nose.

"The thought makes me want to upchuck. I hope she's just a toy to him," you said.

"Aww," Hailey cooed. "You're jealous!" She squealed loudly and you ran over and covered your hand over her mouth. She furrowed her eyebrows and you knew she wanted to know the reason why she was being shushed.

"Tell the whole house, won't you?" You said removing your hand and turning to put away the carrots and dip you had out. "You already knew I liked him so I don't know why that is such a surprise to you."

She laughed. "Because you my friend, never get jealous over anyone." Until now, you thought. Once the carrots and dip were put away you turned to look at your friend.

"What do I do?" You asked helplessly, you felt stuck. You really, really liked Dylan, and he was with... Her.

"Make him jealous? Tell him he's too good for her? Offer up yourself instead? Start a rumor and say she has an STD?" She paused once she noticed you hadn't replied. "These are all great options I'm giving you and I'm not getting anything back here."

You frowned. "I can't go for him! The pact..." You pointed out and she rolled her eyes.

"Pact smacht. Thomas deserves the awkwardness if he was dumb enough to bring her here."

She was right, he probably did it on purpose too. What other reason would he have to bring her to your house, your territory? "I still don't know. I already told Dylan I wasn't interested and I don't want to seem like the kind of girl who only cares about her man when another chick is after him."