Imagine Song~requested~(Meghan Trainor) 3 am

(intro)

You punched Dylan in the shoulder softly as he told you a stupid joke that was funny enough to make you laugh. But as you were trying to drag back your hand, his hand grasped your wrist and pulled you towards him. You stopped yourself from running into him by pressing your hands onto his chest. His arms wrapped around you and he kissed the top of your head. "We will always be friends, right (y/n)?" He sounded scared as he asked you that question.

"Unless you find a better friend than me, sure." You said with a smirk and he laughed.

"I don't think that'll ever happen, you're my 3am friend." You furrowed your eyebrows and wrapped your arms around his neck.

"3am friend? We're on that level now?" You asked in a playful tone of voice and Dylan chuckled, you swore you could see his cheeks turn a little pink.

"Yeah, I guess we are. Seriously, anytime, call me when you have a problem and I'll be there for you." He said and you pressed your lips together. If you didn't care about your friendship so much you would've totally kissed him in that moment.

"I can't believe I'm still doing this

I told myself a month ago that I'd be through with this I'm looking at my phone

And wondering if you're home

I'm kinda tipsy, I ain't tryna sleep alone

Somebody told me that some other girl was hugging

You, Baby you know I'm the one that should be loving you

You know we had a thing

Baby, it's such a shame

I still get crazy every time I hear your name

And I know it's complicated

But you know I'm impatient"

One Month Later...

You crossed your arms over your chest as you and your friend walked down the dark street alone. The party was horrible, you knew the cops would bust it five minutes after it started. But the only reason you went was for the thrill, the risk of getting caught, the excitement.

The way it feels when your heart is racing - you love it. When you know there's so much that can go bad if you get caught, but you do it anyway. Some people would call you a rebel, some would call you a freak, you called yourself an original.

You didn't really have any label. "Will you call your friend - what's his name - or whatever?" Dylan, his name was Dylan.

You looked over at you friend and nodded. Surely he would come and pick you up, you guys were 3am buddies, whatever that meant. "Yeah, yeah. Hold on Cait."

You looked into your contacts and pressed his name. You clicked the call button and listened to the three rings until he picked up. "Hello?" His voice was groggy and low from probably waking up so early.

"3AM, yep I'm texting you once again

Even though I'm hanging with my friends

And I can't help it, I can't help myself, no

3AM, I might be looking for a late night friend and baby