Poem Imagine

'Tell me what it's like to love.'

Dylan watched you as you danced in your kitchen, humming along to the music. All the worries of the world seemed to fall off your shoulders and sink into the ground as you twirled and laughed. Then you looked up and met his eyes.

'Tell me what it's like to wake up next to the person you want to spend the rest of your life with.'

He stood in his spot, his hand reached to his neck as looked at you awkwardly. "I-I came down for—"

You interrupted him, your eyes wide but friendly. "No! I'm so sorry, I didn't know you were there!" You apologized for him having to see you like that, and your arm outstretched toward the radio and switched it off. "It won't happen again, sir." You were 'the help', only a maid, he probably thought you were immature now.

'When you hold their hand, what feelings rush through your body?'

He walked in and sent you a quick but guarded smile. "Just came for water," he said as he reached into the refrigerator and pulled out a cold water bottle. "Continue on with your dancing, and singing if you'd like. You're good at it." He said with a wink and a cheesy smile before facing his back towards you. He then turned around and parted his lips.

'Does your hands tingle? Do they shiver with excitement?'

"I'll talk to my mother about that... Costume you have to wear. I'll get it changed for you."

"No!" You said causing him to raise his eyebrows in surprise. He thought that was what you wanted, he was trying to help. You cleared your throat. "I'm sorry, sir, but if your mother suspects I am talking to her son she'll fire me. Please, I have grown numb to the embarrassment of this uniform."

Dylan scoffed as he walked back into the room. "What you're wearing is no uniform, it's demeaning and it gives my mother more confidence around you all." Then as he realized what he said, his let out a sigh. "By 'you all' I meant—"

"The lesser fortunate ones? The poor people, the dirty people who don't have anything going for them in their life?" You asked, you were young and the fire in you burned strong.

"No. I meant the people who service my family and I."

'What does it feel like to let yourself become vulnerable?'

You looked down ashamed. "I'm sorry," you apologized once more, sitting down at the bar counter in their kitchen. "I've just... Heard your mother say those words so many times I start to wonder whether everyone thinks like that. I start to assume."

He gave you a cheeky smile. "My mother and I are different people, but I can see why you're so head-strong to prove to people that maids and all are more than just a service. That they're real people with real feelings," he took a step closer so now he was inches away. "And they have bills to pay. Families to take care of, and their own problems to handle. They have their own homes they need to take care of, and I understand that." You could feel his breath on your face.

That was when the door opened and the girl who held Dylan's heart in her hand carelessly let herself in.

'Does she ask for your opinion like I would?'

"Hurry and tell me what you want to tell me because I got to get over to Cassidy's." She said sharply, raising an eyebrow as you met her eyes. She pulled him into another room and they continued to talk.

'Does she boss you around? Because I wouldn't.'

About an hour later he retreated back into the room you were cleaning, resting his back against a wall and stood there watching you. Embarrassed and curious, you stopped and turned to him. "Is there something you need?" You asked with a playful tone of voice. He sent you half a smile before walking towards you, then stopped a foot away, remembering that you weren't Cassidy. That you weren't the one he was suppose to be loyal to.

'Would it be so bad if you tried to love me, and not her?'

"I need a hug," he whispered, looking down at the ground. He didn't sound like he really meant what he said, so you didn't move. That was until he looked at you and you saw how his eyes began to water. You immediately stepped forward and wrapped your arms around his neck, letting him rest his head on your chest as best he could as his arms snaked around your waist.

"What did she do?" You asked gently, not wanting to seem nosy.

"Broke my heart," you began to run his back. "She screwed my best friend." He said and you frowned. Did she not see what she had in front of her? Did she not know how much of an amazing person he was? How could she be so blind, you wondered.

You wanted to tell him he didn't deserve her, that if he chose you, you wouldn't do that. You wouldn't waste his feelings, break his heart, use his big heart for your advantage. "You don't deserve someone like that," you paused thinking over what you had in your mind. "Forget about her and try to think about the positives. You are now single."

He raised his head so he could look at you, his cheeks were wet. "Single? What if I don't want to be alone?" He said and you sighed.

"Give yourself some time, if you have someone you think will be right for you now, go after her. But if not, don't rush yourself and date people who don't mean anything to you." You said and he pulled away from you, wiping his eyes.

"You're right," he placed his hands on his hips and sniffled. Him being able to cry in front of you and not be ashamed just added to his attractiveness, and to your friendship. He smiled at you as he leaned down and kissed your forehead. "You're a good person, (y/n)."

'So when I needed you, when I was your person... Why didn't I fight for you to stay?'

And you watched with a smile, and a pinch of sadness as he walked away from you and up the stairs.

You let him walk away, and a month later he had found someone new.

A/n: do you ever just want to quit something really badly, and get really depressed when your responsible side of you takes over and makes you continue the thing you dislike doing because you know you have to? I have that problem now.

Anyways, I hope you liked this imagine (and the little poem thing I just came up with), not even sure if that qualifies to be a poem. My bad. Tomorrow I have to take a test that I have to pass in order to graduate, it's a civics test or something. The people in Wisconsin know what I'm talking about (hopefully 😁).

I'll try to update in the next few days because I don't have practice and my family doesn't really celebrate Christmas much. Sooo if you have any holiday requests then hurry and comment/pm me them and I'll update on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day which ones I like the most!!(:

Bye loveliesss :*